another loaded question....

hi all i got a dmm the other day and decided to test my voltage. i took out the us amps400 and replaced it with a jl1000/1 because i know that the jl is easier on my electric and i was starving that us amps. anyway i have right now just a regular 800 cranking amp bat in the front and a batcap 800 in the rear. wire upgrade is done with 0/2ga along with stock alt (which for this car is only about 60amps). i also have esx 400watt amp for the highs and alpine cda9886 head unit. now the resting voltage with the car off was just above 12v for both batteries, turn the car on and i get about 12.50-60 for the front and about 12.40-50 in the rear. @ idle with the stereo blasting the front batt reads about 12.30ish, and the back reads 11.50-12v never dropping down to below11.50. i am wondering if this is acceptable drop and would i stand to really gain much with buying a $300 high output alt since i don't compete. i know you guys have advised me to buy a high output alt before but with this voltage reading is it really going to boost voltage that much. since the car is so old i can only get a modified stock alt to get maybe 120 or 140a. any body got input on this?

Any upgrade (other than an alt) you make will be putting a band-aid over a much bigger problem.

If you don't want to spend 300 on an alt, at least spend the 15$ to get a 2A trickle charger from the auto store.

My car never goes below 13.6v including driving full tilt, at idle, or sitting in the driveway overnight!

If your car is stopped, it should be charging!!! You'll see in time all your voltages improve a bit

do the big 3, ill get the link since most people cant find it in the electrical section, do that with as big of wire as you can

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=13280

that should help, you prob have 8g wire running from your alt to your front batt, which COULD explain some low voltage, it should help out alot, or it might help out alittle.. just let us know

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

hi all i got a dmm the other day and decided to test my voltage. i took out the us amps400 and replaced it with a jl1000/1 because i know that the jl is easier on my electric and i was starving that us amps. anyway i have right now just a regular 800 cranking amp bat in the front and a batcap 800 in the rear. wire upgrade is done with 0/2ga along with stock alt (which for this car is only about 60amps). i also have esx 400watt amp for the highs and alpine cda9886 head unit. now the resting voltage with the car off was just above 12v for both batteries, turn the car on and i get about 12.50-60 for the front and about 12.40-50 in the rear. @ idle with the stereo blasting the front batt reads about 12.30ish, and the back reads 11.50-12v never dropping down to below11.50. i am wondering if this is acceptable drop and would i stand to really gain much with buying a $300 high output alt since i don't compete. i know you guys have advised me to buy a high output alt before but with this voltage reading is it really going to boost voltage that much. since the car is so old i can only get a modified stock alt to get maybe 120 or 140a. any body got input on this?

p5120002q.th.jpg

sorry for the double post i was trying to put up the pic. i also forgot to say my alt belt is loose, i'm having that fixed. but should buy the trickle charger and just let tha bats charge when i'm not running the car? and i'm not sure how to upgrade the wires on the alt, the wiring coming from this one is a bit confusing plus it has a wierd plug in the back where they connect.ive already big three'd my grounds, and power wire front to rear and it did help, well i guess without the power on the alt it only count as the big two?lol

im sure you can get a shop to do it for 50-80 bucks, maybe cheaper if you have the wires ready and stuff.. LOL

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

If your belt is loose, I'd get that fixed pronto. Your voltages don't look good at all.

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti Scion 600.4

4 - Lanzar Optidrive 1232D's

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6C midbass

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

Archived