Steve you saying that puts my mind a little more at ease :D

Ya if Steves hearing is still fine im not worried about my little 15".

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX mxa 6001 Class D 774watts RMS @ 2ohms

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

MTX Thunderdome 6x9 in rear

Stinger 1 Farad capacitor

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

4 gauge power/ground wire

JVC MP3 CD Car Deck (KD-G320)

12 gauge Monster speaker wire to Sub

16 gauge Stinger speaker wire to doors

Stinger Gold Plated Battery Terminals

• 1 year later...

21 years and hardly anything smaller than a 15 for 15 of those years.......always the loudest on my BLVD, and no hearing loss that i can tell. Maybe i should have it tested though. My closest call with hearing loss came from a Crue concert last year though......my ears rang for a few days and i litterally was numb for most of the day after the show. Concerts with CONTINUOUS screaming guitars at 125-130db hurt WAYY more than bass at 156+ for a 30 second "fix" or two or 10 at a show IMO. If that 156 was continuous for 2 hours like a concert it may be different though.

160 with the hoopty

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

my tweets are basically painful if the gain is turned up on my amp, but there's no way as far as pressure that they are louder....

i know A LOT of people who wear ear plugs at car shows for when they demo their cars

and while you may not notice any loss, it happens slowly and its not until you are literally almost deaf that you notice how bad it is.

if you guys are bored and have some decent speakers, use audacity to generate high frequency sounds, the first part of your hearing to go is higher frequencies. Most children can pick up about 17k hertz. I'm down to just over 15k hertz. I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't hear 15k Steve, have your kids in the room when you do it, just so they can verify that your speakers really are playing the note, I'm sure they'll be able to hear it

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

I can still here a 20K hertz tone. So I must be in good shape lol but I am only 18, plus they say as you get older your hearing goes away nonetheless

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

DC Power Inc. Alternator(Kickin out 15+ volts!)

footer-fade.gif

Ive had 3 operations on one of my ears, started having surgeries when i was 13 got into stereos when i was 15 i asked my doctor back then if the loud music would cause any more damage and he said it could but its the distortion that kills your hearing yes pressure can wear on em but its mainly the distortion that does the damage.

2006 Dodge Magnum

Excelon KVT-819dvd

Rockford Symmetry EPX2

6 Kicker CVX 10's

2 Rockford T8002

1 Rockford T8004

15" Overhead

Old school Quart Q's

2 Yellow tops

Rockford CPSR

Rockford 50 Farad

Rollin 22's

distortion doesnt hurt your eardrums any more than clean waves....he was saying that so you wouldn't turn your speakers high enough to distort, which is where they have a high output nonetheless

ive heard alot of talk about how a lower frequency does more damage because it moves your drums farther, and even at higher levels is less "painful"

i also know that alot of factory unions have volume level regulations, measure down to like 2hz, and even require additional hazard pay if employees spend a certain amount of time subjected to certain volume levels, if i remember correctly it was 2 hours at 100db, with 1/2 the time for every doubling of level (10db) per day...15 min at 130db, 7.5min at 140db, 3.75min at 150, or in steve's case, just shy of 2 mins at 160db, apparantly its the exposure time and level that does damage, not just the occurance

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

I already lost all my hearing out of my left ear. I mean permanently deaf. My hearing on my left ear is 18%, which is not good :angry:

I still have 98 % on my right ear.

1996 Impala, just a weekend toy Molesting the wicked streets of chitown (next in line for sounds)

2006 Corolla...current audio head ache and money pit

Alpine cda 9881 head unit

pioneer 6x9's

Hiphonics 6.5 components

power acustik tweeters

Not installed but in the to install list:

Hifonics Brutus BXI 2080D 2600 watts rms

2 12" Kicker L7's Dual 4 ohm subs wired at 2 ohms each = 1 ohm load

0 gauge wire, MLA module

S4021019-1.jpg

Archived