no need to bag on him, he's tryin something new and if he wants 6x9s then hes gonna use 6x9s

He stated

all suggestions welcome thanks

please tell me that we don't have to have a group hug before we post. I have been around for a pretty long time around 12v and home audio, and when I see something stupid or great I will comment on it. Positive, negative, or offer advice. Or would you rather me blow smoke up someone's arse?

the OP would get better sound by getting some cheap 6x9 boxes and tossing them on his dashboard. Or do you think a 6x9 playing at your elbow is great sound? then we can go round and round about the time and effort to "fiberglass in" the 6x9 which would include about $120 minimal investment in FG products.

As a professional in the industry, should I encourage misplacement of speakers, installation methods, crap equipment, hack shops, hack jobs, piss poor installers and piss poor installations? Should I be just thankful they bought some gear from someone? sorry but I can't do it.

Regardless it is the OP's vehicle, I do not own it nor the equipment, it is his choice, but would be counter productive to the over all sound.

He is in college, when he graduates with his new found education, he can reflect on the moment and say that it was a waste of time and money. Then he can be off to make his fortune and fame.

I hope that clarifies my opinion

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

He stated

please tell me that we don't have to have a group hug before we post. I have been around for a pretty long time around 12v and home audio, and when I see something stupid or great I will comment on it. Positive, negative, or offer advice. Or would you rather me blow smoke up someone's arse?

the OP would get better sound by getting some cheap 6x9 boxes and tossing them on his dashboard. Or do you think a 6x9 playing at your elbow is great sound? then we can go round and round about the time and effort to "fiberglass in" the 6x9 which would include about $120 minimal investment in FG products.

As a professional in the industry, should I encourage misplacement of speakers, installation methods, crap equipment, hack shops, hack jobs, piss poor installers and piss poor installations? Should I be just thankful they bought some gear from someone? sorry but I can't do it.

Regardless it is the OP's vehicle, I do not own it nor the equipment, it is his choice, but would be counter productive to the over all sound.

He is in college, when he graduates with his new found education, he can reflect on the moment and say that it was a waste of time and money. Then he can be off to make his fortune and fame.

I hope that clarifies my opinion

Say no to 6x9s. The ghetto beaters. There is a technical reason behind why they are not that great as well but I'm not getting into that. Its really not worth it to glass them into the door . Free or not. if you have them laying around sell them and get a component set. you will be grateful later.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

There is nothing wrong with 6x9's, just your application.

6x9 has their place in vehicles but I wouldn't design a door for them when you have more quality options out there.

He is in college, when he graduates with his new found education, he can reflect on the moment and say that it was a waste of time and money.

I say do it, it may not be practical, or visually aesthetic or even sound perfect, but it'll be an experience no doubt. Why not learn with some by9s? I try not to look back at failures as wastes of time cause they NEVER are, not that he'll fail at FGing by9s, my OP. Do it, have fun, cut costs where you can, like wrap it not paint. Atleast you'll have something to upgrade to later down the road after you learn from this. As a college kid with no money as well, I stand by your usage of free by9s. Take lots of pics...

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

where should they go then in your opinion?

several vehicle makes have them in the front door, so I am not saying they do not belong in the door, just your application which will require metal removal to get them in unless you are going to build some big goofy pod.

Most 6x9's are mounted in the rear deck for some midbass response. though it usually throws the whole audio system off.

I think that if you do attempt this, forget the top of the door install and aim for the bottom section of it.

subaru ftw

* Head Unit: Kenwood KDC-MP732

* iPod Interface: KCA-iP500

* Front Stage: Rockford Fosgate Power T1652-S

* Front Stage Amp: Rockford Fosgate Punch P400-2

* Rear Stage: Alpine SPR-13C Type-R 5-1/4"

* Amp: Rockford T10001bd

* Subs: (2) 15" Rockford P3s

* Front Battery: Optima RedTop

* Back Battery: Kinetic Hc2400

* Wiring: Rockford 1/0