2005 Blazer, Mach 5 SPL-12s.. build.

Updates so far today.

I added some more scews to the top baffle.

Theres over ninety now on the top. I hope it won't come apart.

I also test fitted the sub. I may get this thing in paint once I take a break. Its hot out.. for here at least.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ran a bit of Mono exterior around the inside of the box and around the base of the brace. I've never used it before.. its sorta a mess, but it'll work.

Posted Image

Posted Image

screws are only used to hold the baffle or other piece of MDF in place while it glues.

They won't help to hold the baffle or other piece of MDF in place after the glue dries.

Nice box

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

screws are only used to hold the baffle or other piece of MDF in place while it glues.

They won't help to hold the baffle or other piece of MDF in place after the glue dries.

Nice box

not necessarily the way he has them the screws help the box from flexing

sub placement is fine

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

with that many screws i would put resin 45's everywhere. because the wood might have split where the screws are.

plus it'll help with airflow and more strength.

also: let us know how you like those mach 5's when you're done, i always wanted to try those out but never got around to it.

with that many screws i would put resin 45's everywhere. because the wood might have split where the screws are.

plus it'll help with airflow and more strength.

also: let us know how you like those mach 5's when you're done, i always wanted to try those out but never got around to it.

I pre-drilled and countersunk the screws. I tried to stagger them all aswell. I'm hoping it won't weaken the box, I figured it might separate so added some screws.

Its painted now.

I was thinking about resining the inside but I was told resin itself doesn't add strength.

looks good! I like it.

Cool of your dad to help out. Mine would say"do it yourself"

Yeah its decent for a first box I guess.

I'm glad my dad helped. I watched what he did and did it myself. It is hard sometimes to get him to help. And then when he does he takes over the project and I dont learn much.. So with this box I tried to do alot of stuff myself.

Finally started a build!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NICE!!!!!

those sweet subs have been sitting on your floor for a LONG ass time :good:

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Archived