Nightshade Posted August 28, 2009 Report Posted August 28, 2009 good infos nightshade, have u ever made an aeroport out of mdf rings? (i was thinkin of trying this for a burp box). I personally haven't, but I know that it works and is one of the easiest ways to make a flared port. I would love to try but my router is broken and I haven't went out to get a new one yet. One day I will, and the only downfall to making one that I see is that it will take quite a bit of time and probably will cost a little bit of money in supplies like bondo, resin, glue, and wood. 2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo 1 Sundown Audio SCV2000 1 Sundown Audio X15 V2 1 XS Power D3100 Audio Control LC6i Stock Deck 146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz 2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore ChampionHighest NSPL Scores to date:154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz
BulletInjection Posted August 28, 2009 Report Posted August 28, 2009 Oh wow nightshade, you pwned this thread with info, I will be msging you in the near future to ask for some help if that's alright My build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...8920&st=100 http://www.youtube.com/Bulletinjection
Eric B Posted August 28, 2009 Report Posted August 28, 2009 good infos nightshade, have u ever made an aeroport out of mdf rings? (i was thinkin of trying this for a burp box). its been done before a guy on midwest spl has done it.. u will go through alotta mdf.. lol 2007 Chevy HHR LT UNDER CONSTRUCTION 1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals 3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals
Nightshade Posted August 28, 2009 Report Posted August 28, 2009 the port i was showing is all sq. thats just like a top veiw of it its all 2" wide till it hits the angle"v" part of it then each side of the v is 1.75", it should be 2 but i got lazy with the math at the time and just did it that way to make it easier for me to build. i never fully figured out the area of the port cuz well honestly wasn't sure how to. lol its the port in box i got now aka my first box build. but anyways thanks for all the info nightshade and are you going to start chagring for box design help? lol if not you might get pm from me Edit: i color coded the measurements of the port if that helps any looking from the top thats how the port would look wide and depth "bad spelling i think" and the height is 10" but anyways ya lol What I'm saying is that the bottom of the pic where the ports go into one opening instead of two like the do at the top, that measurement needs to be 3.5" wide to keep it the same as the openings at the top of the port which are 1.75" each. All you need to do is double the width that you have of each little opening to get the width of the single opening. I would just reccomend one port though since it will be much more efficient and should make better use of your amp's power. Just make a straight port that is 3.5" wide from the front to the back and 10" tall and call it a day. 2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo 1 Sundown Audio SCV2000 1 Sundown Audio X15 V2 1 XS Power D3100 Audio Control LC6i Stock Deck 146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz 2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore ChampionHighest NSPL Scores to date:154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz
LordArcane Posted August 28, 2009 Report Posted August 28, 2009 thanks man i understand what you saying now. like i said was first box build so wasn't for sure how to do it but hey thats why i'm here and well your doing a great job at giving us all some good info. one of the great thing about this forum is alot of people willing to help you with info on how to do stuff thanks again nightshade
white4d96 Posted August 28, 2009 Report Posted August 28, 2009 ...Shoot, when I first was planning out my box build, I got a cutsheet on here from someone tuned to 38 or 9 Hz and people said it was way high, it would sound like crap. Guess I shoulda built it :censored: my box sounded almost like a friggin' bandpass to me. Wouldn't do lows, wouldn't do midbass... just utter fail >.< Too many projects, too little time...
Nightshade Posted August 28, 2009 Report Posted August 28, 2009 No problem guys. I've been into car audio for just over 11 years now and built several hundred boxes to get where I am now. I'm not an old guy either, unless you consider 27 old. I love to teach my science on spl and acoustics since I've had some of the best in the spl game teach me. All you ever have to do is ask, and sometimes it may take me a bit to answer cause I get a bit overwhelmed at times. I've had about 15 or so pm's while we've been talking in this topic in the past 30 minutes or so. Thank god I can type 60+ words a mintue. 2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo 1 Sundown Audio SCV2000 1 Sundown Audio X15 V2 1 XS Power D3100 Audio Control LC6i Stock Deck 146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz 2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore ChampionHighest NSPL Scores to date:154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz
Eric B Posted August 28, 2009 Report Posted August 28, 2009 ...Shoot, when I first was planning out my box build, I got a cutsheet on here from someone tuned to 38 or 9 Hz and people said it was way high, it would sound like crap. Guess I shoulda built it :censored: my box sounded almost like a friggin' bandpass to me. Wouldn't do lows, wouldn't do midbass... just utter fail >.< bandpass done properly has a very nice bandwidth of response... your tryin to get midbass out of your subs? 2007 Chevy HHR LT UNDER CONSTRUCTION 1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals 3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals
mazda6i07 Posted August 28, 2009 Report Posted August 28, 2009 No problem guys. I've been into car audio for just over 11 years now and built several hundred boxes to get where I am now. I'm not an old guy either, unless you consider 27 old. I love to teach my science on spl and acoustics since I've had some of the best in the spl game teach me. All you ever have to do is ask, and sometimes it may take me a bit to answer cause I get a bit overwhelmed at times. I've had about 15 or so pm's while we've been talking in this topic in the past 30 minutes or so. Thank god I can type 60+ words a mintue. All help is greatly appreciated man! Now buy sundown people!!!
white4d96 Posted August 28, 2009 Report Posted August 28, 2009 bandpass done properly has a very nice bandwidth of response... your tryin to get midbass out of your subs? Well, maybe not midbass, but I think I had my low-pass set for like 200Hz or 250Hz, but you didn't hear much of anything past like...80? Blurred the mirror a lil, but you really didn't hear it as much as I would like. The box only really does well from probably 35-50 (tuned to 33) Too many projects, too little time...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.