Fuel System Cleaner really does work!

so me and my dad go to walmart to get the oil changed in my 1994 corolla (oil was over 2 years old due to sitting in the driveway). and the mechanic there asks is they should do a fuel system cleaner. we say yes and it took about 40-50 minutes.

i didnt see the end result but my dad said that there was white/light grey smoke pouring out of the car. everyone was looking, even the mechanics there...buuuut noone called me to see it.

afterwards the car smelled a little (from the carbon that was coming out the exhaust i assume) but it ran 100% better than when it did before. the engine used to vibrate the interior like it was a massage parlor, but it idles and drives like it did probably 10 years ago.

alls i gotta say from this is, if you havent done a fuel system cleaning yet on your car, do it

edit: im kind of bad at telling stories but i was baffled at the end result, had a smile on my face the while drive home.

Edited by Krannyman92

Save yourself some cash money the next time. Go to your favorite auto store and get some seafoam. You can thank me later on this.

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti Scion 600.4

4 - Lanzar Optidrive 1232D's

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6C midbass

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

Probably the chemicals that they use and price. Seafoam can be put right into a vacuum line for the intake as well as an oil treatment. I HIGHLY recommend if you're using it in the oil, you put it in right before you do an oil change, let the car run for maybe 10 minutes, then change the oil.

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti Scion 600.4

4 - Lanzar Optidrive 1232D's

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6C midbass

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

When you change the oil, put some seafoam in the oil and let the engine idle. Do not drive the vehicle. When you do, put some in the gas. Also, run some in the vacuum line. Be very careful.

Disclaimer: I am in no way responsible for any damage to your engine. Including, but not limited to, broken parts. Do not come crying to me if your engine breaks. If you are unsure how to use the product, have it done by a professional.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

I've seafoamed a few times (on my previous car) and man does it make some smoke. The car ran a bit better, but it wasn't night and day.

Oh, and what I did was suck little bits into the vacuum line without letting it die. When I had used about half to 2/3 of the can, I did one big suck and let it kill the engine. Let the engine sit for about 20 minutes, then start it up and drive it like you stole it. TONS of smoke.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

I've seafoamed a few times (on my previous car) and man does it make some smoke. The car ran a bit better, but it wasn't night and day.

Oh, and what I did was suck little bits into the vacuum line without letting it die. When I had used about half to 2/3 of the can, I did one big suck and let it kill the engine. Let the engine sit for about 20 minutes, then start it up and drive it like you stole it. TONS of smoke.

Yep. Mine smoked like no tomorrow. The fire department came to my house fire hoses blazin thinkin my house was burning down. Next time I need to go to an empty parking lot.

Once a year should be enough.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

Probably the chemicals that they use and price. Seafoam can be put right into a vacuum line for the intake as well as an oil treatment. I HIGHLY recommend if you're using it in the oil, you put it in right before you do an oil change, let the car run for maybe 10 minutes, then change the oil.

best is to actually change the oil ( cheap oil and filter) let it idle for about 20 min then rechange and use the good stuff...

for older engines i go real cheap i drain the oil add 3 quarts atf type F and a quart or 2 of oil fresh cheap filter and idle for 10-15 min... you would be amased at the crap that comes out...

Full eclipse system is next on list.. soon to gut and redo the honda as new project/rolling buissness card :)

i miss the sound of those old school strokers on beast amps :(

best is to actually change the oil ( cheap oil and filter) let it idle for about 20 min then rechange and use the good stuff...

for older engines i go real cheap i drain the oil add 3 quarts atf type F and a quart or 2 of oil fresh cheap filter and idle for 10-15 min... you would be amased at the crap that comes out...

you put atf in your engine :unsure:

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/