Box Design for 2 18" BTL's in a Avalanche....last page

cnate777

INFRASONIC FILTER

Placing the switch to "ON" engages a 28Hz infrasonic filter limiting the amount of low frequency

information going to the woofer. Set this to your personal preference while listening to the system one

way, then the other.

NOTE: We recommend using the infrasonic filter when using vented enclosures with this amplifier.

It's a non adjustable subsonic filter. If you have this turned on and you're still bottoming out, you have something else boosting your 30hz and below signal. IE: your 360.2 . Adjust the eq there.

the box is tuned to 32....now someone told me that my port is too big and that there isnt enough back pressure.....any truth to that.....on the 360 I believe that the sub is adjustable 12 db and 24 db per octave for both subsonic and x over......I am going to adjust both to 12 db and adjust the subsonic between 28 and 50 with is the lowest it goes on the 360.....Im going to go around the block and see what she does

Rockford Fosgate

Sundown Audio

DC Power Inc

XS

Autometer

Pioneer

simply put, they are unloading

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

went around the block.....it is a lot better than it was....however I still feel the BTL's cant handle the power......will the LVL 5's handle more power or handle the power I have better??????

Rockford Fosgate

Sundown Audio

DC Power Inc

XS

Autometer

Pioneer

went around the block.....it is a lot better than it was....however I still feel the BTL's cant handle the power......will the LVL 5's handle more power or handle the power I have better??????

I've had people burp over 20kw with them..and daily drive much much much more power then what you have right now.

It is either the enclosure/tuning or your settings. Which is why we tell everybody to follow the guidelines that we have in place for the enclosures, if you stay within those guidelines and everything is set up how it should be you will not have any problems.

Any sub that you put in there will do the exact same thing if you do not fix the problems that you have.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

The BTL's should handle that power fine, if everything is correct, however I am not a total expert, so I am gonna stay out of this, but from what I seen other people put to BTL's they should be able to handle rated no problem.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

in a box that unloads it's worse than running it free air instead of having no restriction the box helps the cone mover more and that causes it to bottom out

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

better yet, what does your electrical system look like? since we all seemed to miss that one.. how many batts, what type of alt, what sized power wire?

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

do you really need 2 topics about this?

Archived