Question on Extra Batteries for Hardly Driven rides

This is more for folks that have a big audio system or something requiring multiple batteries in a 2nd ride thats not driven daily....

How do you keep them changed???

Example, my Blazer, I only drive it on weekends, when I go to shows, or just want to take it out for a cruise, so its gets very little mile on it... Its a 2000 and I just broke 40K on it a few weeks ago...

I killed numerous "Yellow Tops", before I went and bought one of the crappy little trickle charges that monitors the batt voltage and ramps up and down as needed, to keep it charged, but not overcharge and boil over the batt as some will...

When I put the extra batts in the concern grows... Do I need to buy a trickle chrger for each batt or will it work just to hook it to the buss bars or whatever connects them all together... I'm thinking I'll run either 4 or 6 batts...

I was hoping like one for the front batt and one for the rear bank, but I'm not sure whats the best practice...

What do you all do???

NRA - Patron Lifetime Member

'"the right of the people to keep andand bear arms shall not be infringed"

just one charger will be fine.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_13271_...+KIBC12-35.html

Its a 12 volt automatic smart charger small with enough power to charge banks, also revives older cells and doesn't totally break the bank like some other chargers.

Is that somethng that you could leave plugged in long term???

NRA - Patron Lifetime Member

'"the right of the people to keep andand bear arms shall not be infringed"

Archived