DC Sound Lab

lvl 5 18's vs lvl5 15's

I would stay with 15s on your given enclosure and space. Maybe try a different box and different tuning to bump up your numbers. Reconing is easy, I did it myself and never done it before on my level 4 15. Its simple, you just gotta be patient.

Team DC!

2005 F150 | Pioneer | Infinity Kappa 6x8's | MTX 3404 4 Channel | Q Logic Kicks | KNU | DC | AQ |

1998 Taurus | Alpine | Punch 5x7's | Rockford Fosgate | MTX | KNU |

I just think they have a lot more to give. i have heard lvl4's off no where near as much power which didnt sound much quieter than mine. i think my box is very very good, the design is very good, its just the vechile limiting them. i think a new box with port at the back is the way to go either way.

i would stay with the 15's but maybe even reconing to 12's?

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

i think it was nightshade that went down in subs and actually got more dbs. So maybe going smaller you can actually get more sound out. bigger is not ALWAYS better. but it usually is more fun!

2007 Acura TSX

Stock Navigation

Rockford 360.2 (FOR SALE)

Sundown SAZ3500

2 12" DC Sound Lab LvL4 @2ohm

JL 600/4

2 Sets of Focal 165K2P

think im gonna just stick to the 15's for now, get the sundown 3000's on them and go from there.

i may build a sub up port back box though as it seems thats the way to go

u should b able to get in the 150's w 2 level 5....15

JAMES SAID..

you dont need 1500 for a WOOFER people just love overpowering rather then building for the power recommended

THATS A SMART GUY...

well space is tight, like said above i reckon i could get 5.5 cu ft per sub but gonna stick to 15's now at least for a while

dont get me wrong this shit is loud in here but it just doesnt give good numbers, i have only had it tested in 'propper droppers' format which is where they have the tl meter on the headrest, you can have windows and doors open.

i peak at 146.8 at 37 hz and do 146.4 on music.

they are running from a soundstream xxx6500 at .7 ohm, by my workings im getting about 4k between them, but i am told this amp is shit at .7 ohm and in the high 12v's where i am its more likely 3k

so with the sundowns i should be getting a lot more power.

funny thing is regarding numbers i have heard cars which are metered louder but to the ear are no where near which is odd.

heres a vid of them doing some :hairtrick:

i,m also 99% sure they were moving more air before they were bedded in, but of course its hard to tell

u should b able to get in the 150's w 2 level 5....15

he got to build the box correctly though to get the 150. just cause its a lvl 5 don't mean its a garenteed 150. just sayen

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

he got to build the box correctly though to get the 150. just cause its a lvl 5 don't mean its a garenteed 150. just sayen

Bills

thing is i don't see what else i can do in terms of the box apart from try sub up port back

the spec of the box is

4.2 cu ft each chamber tuned to 32 hz

3/4 birch ply with double baffle

fibreglassed inside with matting on corners

small 45s on each corner

huge flared port mouth, port exactly the same size all the way through, 45 on inide of port wall

16mm rod x2 in each chamber

12mm rod through port

i dont see how the build can get much better and in terms of design what else can you do except design it around a certain size an d tune to whatever freq

some pics of the build here

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=52441

Edited by Bluebrindle