Hey guys, I have this tv : http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electro...5702#tabsection

and this laptop: http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/dell-inspi...7-32471367.html

and I am wondering what is the single best way to connect them and maintain quality, without spending ton of money...basically, what is the best wire for the job.

By the look of things, my lappy only has vga and s-video out, and my tv only has s-video, hdmi, and component in, so would s-video be best, or something like a vga to component, or is there a better way? Thanks.

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

Can you just take a pic of your laptops sides.. lol..

But, if you got HDMI out i would do HDMI, otherwise im pretty sure your stuck with

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=s...&sa=title#p

you can also check out this

http://www.geekwithlaptop.com/how-to-connect-laptop-to-tv

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

rgb connection although i wouldnt recommend it for a long period of time on a plasma due to burn in

so what wire would this require...vga to rgb? Or is there a converter needed? Also I'm not worried at all about burn in, the new plasmas it's barely an issue, and my panasonic has multiple features preventing burn in...

Also I'm pretty much just using this to watch my blu-rays on my tv (if possible, my laptop has bluray) and other online videos...

Edited by littleitaly1990

so what wire would this require...vga to rgb? Or is there a converter needed? Also I'm not worried at all about burn in, the new plasmas it's barely an issue, and my panasonic has multiple features preventing burn in...

i had a panasonic a computer WILL burn in on a plasma

anyhow vga IS RGB its a blue connection usually on your tv and on the back of the laptop

basically, my laptops weakest point and my tv's weakest point are clashing here...there is no dvi or hdmi out on my laptop, despite having bluray, and there is not vga in on my tv, so I pretty much have to use s-video, which I know doesn't support hd, and would suck, or something with an adapter.

HDMI then.. dude if your trying to watch blueray on your TV that will be the best connection.. unless you can get opti connect, which i believe is better then HDMI

S Video isnt that bad to be honest... i use it to connect my laptop to my 42" LCD TV and it comes in really good to be honest, not HDMI or blueray or anything of that nature *thank god for PS3.. lol * But its still good quality

Edited by Army_guy614

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

S-video is your best bet. My dad has a 46" Sharp LCD tv. The picture quality is pretty good but resolution is still limited. At best, you will get DVD quality videos. Blu-ray seems to be a stretch.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card