Second Skin Audio

question for you trunk guys

So i got a trunk car, used to have a blazer. I need to get bass in this thing. its been exactly a week today since ive had bass in my car, and i miss it so much. Im thinkin subs and port forward. But the thing is, my seat doesnt fold down. I know some of you guys run sub and port forward even if ur seats up. I am going to look into swapping a rear seat from a higher trim line in cuz it will fold, but mine doesnt as it is. Would you still go sub and port forward sealed off from the trunk or what would you do?

EDIT: At the moment through the deck IS NOT AN OPTION!!!!

Edited by siucsaluki11

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

So i got a trunk car, used to have a blazer. I need to get bass in this thing. its been exactly a week today since ive had bass in my car, and i miss it so much. Im thinkin subs and port forward. But the thing is, my seat doesnt fold down. I know some of you guys run sub and port forward even if ur seats up. I am going to look into swapping a rear seat from a higher trim line in cuz it will fold, but mine doesnt as it is. Would you still go sub and port forward sealed off from the trunk or what would you do?

man subs back port back would be the best. ima big fan on trunk cars, matter of fact check this out.. and like my lincoln town car and this one as well the gas tank divides the cabin from the trunk.

Edited by swat281

port through! subs and port back work good but I personally don't like it because it seem your expending alot of energy from the subs into the trunk first before it goes into the cabin like passing through the seats and I hate that trunk rattle

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

I would go sub up port up throught the rear deck.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

either port through deck or all back imo

sounds like im goin all back then. Till i find a way to make my rear seats fold atleast. Through the deck isnt going to happen yet. There is alot blocking the way for me to port through the deck, and the rear speakers are in the doors so i cant just port through the holes for the rear speakers and move those elsewhere. If i thought my fiberglass or fabrication skills were better id try it, but the car is a 2010 and im not ready to hack it up yet. Maybe after i play with more FG first.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

man subs back port back would be the best. ima big fan on trunk cars, matter of fact check this out.. and like my lincoln town car and this one as well the gas tank divides the cabin from the trunk.

this guy knows how to get loud and keep it all in the trunk WITHOUT folding the seats down..........bigjon in da house

justin smith

1996 mercury grand marquis

20'' bentchi b7 lexani n3000 245/35/20

cactus 5kw at 1ohm dcr(beast)

2 18'' btl's in a 14.15^ft wall tuned to 35hz with 210'' of port

kicker zx650.4

componets in still the works

200amp motorcraft alt

xs power d3100 (beast)

kenwood ddx512 h.u.

you mean my EX? the one I dumped? just remember every time you kiss her that i used to cum in her mouth

and BTW your girl just called me....

pure pwnage

its a waste of time to put subs in a trunk sealed off from the cabin by the seats

so either port thru rear deck with 4th order bandpass or find another rear seat that u will cut the middle/armrest out of and u can do either 4th order or regular port forward subs forward

ur not gonna be able to attach a rear seat that folds down because it wont have the latches needed to hold it up in place likely

anything else is a waste of time and money

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

just take the seats out and make trim pannels... nobody needs back seats anyways! i took mine out and cut out a shit ton of metal too...lol

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?