Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

A little polyfill!


z71kris

Recommended Posts

Posted

I needed to do a little polyfilling, my box is a little to small for the woofers, its close, also sounded a little hollowly(if that makes sense) but anyways...I used about 4lb total!

0902091937.jpg

0902091938.jpg

I was unable to get any decent video, so I hope to get some this weekend, and be able to make a sigi pic out of it...

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

Posted
I needed to do a little polyfilling, my box is a little to small for the woofers, its close, also sounded a little hollowly(if that makes sense) but anyways...I used about 4lb total!

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh52/st.../0902091937.jpg

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh52/st.../0902091938.jpg

I was unable to get any decent video, so I hope to get some this weekend, and be able to make a sigi pic out of it...

So.. what are your impressions of the change?

Posted

thats pretty awesome man. ive always wanted to play with some in an enclosure.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Posted

It got rid of the hollowness the box had to me, the lows are a little lower, and with the windows down its very loud, with the windows up not so much air movement...I think I like it, and will continue to play it like this for while, also it doent appaer to have lost any of the responce to the punch bass, but I did not listen to any rock, so its hard to say....its not a daily driver for me, (the wifie and I car pool, we work together :wacko:) so I only get to play with it on some week nights and some weekends..

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

Posted

i took it out of my boxes i gained low end but lost most my high end like rock

03 Ram 1500 3.7 v6 quad cab

H/U: Pioneer 4200UB

Subs: 4 DC LVL 4 15s D1

Sub Amp: 2 Crescendo 3kwp strapped

Highs Amp: Crossfire xp240.2

Highs: Crossfire 2 rs69, 2 rs52

Alt: DC POWER ALT 270XP

Batts: 5 sprinter data safe

Big 3 0ga

New Truck 03 Ram Build Log 6 DC Audio lvl2 15's

My Wrecked 99 Dodge Ram Sport Build Log

02 Ranger X Cab Build

02 Ranger Build 2

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

My linkhttp://www.crescendoaudio.com

http://www.dcpowerinc.com/

http://www.crossfirecaraudio.com/

Youtube Vids

Posted
i took it out of my boxes i gained low end but lost most my high end like rock

did you try adjust how much was in there to get a good middle ground?

Posted

i didnt want to lose the highs so i took it out

03 Ram 1500 3.7 v6 quad cab

H/U: Pioneer 4200UB

Subs: 4 DC LVL 4 15s D1

Sub Amp: 2 Crescendo 3kwp strapped

Highs Amp: Crossfire xp240.2

Highs: Crossfire 2 rs69, 2 rs52

Alt: DC POWER ALT 270XP

Batts: 5 sprinter data safe

Big 3 0ga

New Truck 03 Ram Build Log 6 DC Audio lvl2 15's

My Wrecked 99 Dodge Ram Sport Build Log

02 Ranger X Cab Build

02 Ranger Build 2

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

My linkhttp://www.crescendoaudio.com

http://www.dcpowerinc.com/

http://www.crossfirecaraudio.com/

Youtube Vids

Posted

different strokes for different folks with the polyfill, is box the right size per woofer?

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 9954 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...