So here's a list of my new PC parts....

Sorry, I have had a few Heinekens. I figured he was smart enough to get the 64 in vista, would do the same for xp. I havent played win7 too much (had the beta for a min). And my certs are just some CompTIAs (easy to get) I am working on a few Cisco Certs! And, I never doubt anybodys knowledge.

I was just trying to get out the fact that vista is garbage, and thats why they have win7 coming replace so soon.

Yup, yup! Good luck with your future certs buddy....... And I wasnt doubting what you said about Vista.....Vista is like a beach ball at the pool........BLOATED!!! win7 is a little "leaner" but manages the mem useage like no other!

Edited by newls1

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Okay, first off, the 4670 Graphics card has been returned to Best Buy, cash already put back in the bank, and I'm ready to pull the trigger on a different Graphics Card, with much better reviews.

Probably this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814102801

In fact, if somebody wants to stop me on this one, they better reply fast :-) ....with recommendations for a better one in the $150 range.

Update; Son of a B :-( The above graphics card is out of stock at New Egg, and not offered at Tiger :-(

This one looks good, but has very few reviews ???

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814102849

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey newsl1

Fish, you need to stick with a CPU that has 12mb cache

Too late. Wish I'd have known that earlier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heat buildup, especially using all 4 of my memory slots.... YES ! I was totally concerned about that, which is the main reason I went with that OCZ low voltage memory, which supposedly do the max job, at only 1.8 volts, and stays very cool doing so.

Not that I wouldn't still consider an additional fan for them, if they were getting extra warm..... I'll keep an eye on the heat situation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, my Windows Vista is the Ult 64 bit, but I hear that it will be easy to upgrade from it, to Windows 7, which I will definitely try.

X86 ? Never even heard of that, and haven't seen it offered anywhere.

Anyway, I appreciate all the input...... and please don't rip the shit out of each other over my account :) LOL

Peace,

Fish

Edited by Fish Chris

There is no "ONE" better then the other one in this case. how can you possibly say what you did, what do you have to back that theory of yours up with? Im not an Intel lover, nor AMD lover, so dont call me a fan boy, but what fish listed is a decent combo of parts for what HE IS LOOKING TO DO WITH IT.

I just gave my Honest Opinion. I do respect your opinion, but I believe AMD would be better. I have used both and AMD is the better budget chip. Intel is good if you have money to spend (Hell, I wish I could afford a high end Intel chip, I would love it), and he said he was trying to keep within a budget.

Edited by 1992Chevy K1500

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

Need to drop the Vista! Roll with XP Pro. I am a certified tech, no one like vista.

You Can still get xp from ebay.

8 gigs of ram, that alone should help it run smooth. With 8 gigs I would turn off the pagefile. I have it off and only have 3 gigs in my cheap lappy.

Moron.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

I just gave my Honest Opinion. I do respect your opinion, but I believe AMD would be better. I have used both and AMD is the better budget chip. Intel is good if you have money to spend (Hell, I wish I could afford a high end Intel chip, I would love it), and he said he was trying to keep within a budget.

Meh.

Processor choice is user opinion.

I went from an AMD Athlon X2 7750 to a Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 and I don't miss AMD one bit!

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

good choice on the parts mayne specially the PSU. listen to newls1, he knows his shit.

may i add a recommendation? did you already get the hard drive? cause if not just go with a 1TB, you can get one for $79 now a days. cuz when i built my pc i always thought i will not need a lot of space, so i only got a 320gb at that time(very tight budget build) and now im regretting it. well you can easily add another one, but for a minimal price difference you can just go with the 1 TB.

Will all that good components that you have, you may want to try overclocking(just a lil bit for now, then go big later when you upgrade the cooling) and doing a raid setup in the future.

which case did you get? (just curious)

that video card is overkill IMO, you can get a way with a 9600gt for your application.

Yes, I already have a 500gig Seagate hard drive. Not too worried though. Heck, it took me 10+ years to accumulate 60 gigs of stuff. I mean, sure if I start collecting HD videos, I'm sure it could go fast, but then I'll just buy another hard drive later. I also already have a 300gig external hard drive, for backing up my system.

That video card is overkill ? I like overkill, when I can afford it :)

I'll go look at the 9600gt's now....

Edit; Okay, so I looked at the GT's..... a little cheaper, yes. But after returning the 4670.... plus a few more $ I got today, $150 to $170 (total, out the door) is not a problem.

How about this one ? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814102849

Hey newsl1, did you see where that other graphix card is not in stock at New Egg, and not available at Tiger ? .....and I "thought" I was done pulling my hair out over my PC parts buying situation......

Peace,

Fish

good choice on the parts mayne specially the PSU. listen to newls1, he knows his shit.

may i add a recommendation? did you already get the hard drive? cause if not just go with a 1TB, you can get one for $79 now a days. cuz when i built my pc i always thought i will not need a lot of space, so i only got a 320gb at that time(very tight budget build) and now im regretting it. well you can easily add another one, but for a minimal price difference you can just go with the 1 TB.

Will all that good components that you have, you may want to try overclocking(just a lil bit for now, then go big later when you upgrade the cooling) and doing a raid setup in the future.

which case did you get? (just curious)

Edited by Fish Chris

Hey and while I'm tripping on Graphics cards, why is their a few, like this one > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814102837

......that have no cover on them, and look uglier than shit ? Nobody seems to care I guess, as this one gets great reviews, and it's only $125 too !

Come on guys...... I can see myself being up till' 2am again, beating myself to death over Graphics cards......

Freaking AADD :(

Fish