So I have a 2008 Silverado Single Cab as some of you may know, and having a problem.

When I'm at stop lights or if I stop for a few seconds my truck's RPM seems like it wants to go lower & seems like the truck is just about to turn off but it doesn't.(Not every time) Even if warm it up for a couple minutes when I start and it still does it sometimes.

Does anyone know why or how to fix it?

Edited by tech2332

tech2332.png

My Official Feedback Thread

PSN - tech2332

Games for PS3: Killzone 2, BattleField: Bad Company 2! Add me to play either!

well i dont know much about trucks but i know my car does something similar. try cleaning out the idle control valve will carb cleaner. theres a little screen in there so just try to clean that off. i did that and my car was idling better but it still did the same thing. i figured out its just my a/c fan whenever it turns on it lowers the rpm's. if the fan is off balance just a bit it will just wiggle and shake so that might be whats happening to your truck too.

Edited by Florida heat

4 sets of JL vr (discontinued) 6.5 components

4 JL wo 15"

2 JL/J2 1000.1

Alpine v power 400x4

Kenwood h/u

all in a hyundai :)

I got it in early 07' and I think the warranty is out so I don't want to pay for something I don't need.

bumper to bumper warranty is 3 years 36000 miles. even if you got it early 07 you are good till early 2010... as long as you are not over 36k. drive train warranty is longer. either 5 years 60k miles or 5 years 100k miles

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

Actually sounds like a vaccum leak too, but like the guy above said, your warrenty should still be intact.

**EDIT** try this, I have an issue with my 02 tahoe (same engine family as yours as long as you have a V8) Look at the drivers side back portion of the valve cover, there is a rubber grommet that that PCV valve goes into, see if it popped out (mine does all the time) and you will have a vacuum leak

Edited by newls1

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Vacuum leak was what I was thinking too. Even if it isn't that, that is something that is easy for you to check and fix yourself. At least you can rule that out after looking....

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.