w87will Posted April 15, 2007 Report Posted April 15, 2007 Im thinking of putting my 2--15" L5's in my 5.5 cu. ft. box sharing the same port. Im not sure how much of a difference it makes between the Hz that the port is tuned to. Im pretty much just looking for it to be LOUD. any recommendations on what I should tune the port to? Looking around I was seeing between 30hz - 40hz was most used.
AlpineTypeR06 Posted April 15, 2007 Report Posted April 15, 2007 33-35 will get LOUD and still sound good musicly 2003 Chevy Blazer 4drPioneer AVIC-D3Memphis 9 volt line driverRE Audio XXX compsPower Acoustik NB-4 tweeters (x4 on dash)Crescendo 1000c42 Alpine Type R 15s (2 more and new box coming soon) Hifonics XXII ColossusIraggi 300A AltKinetik Hc800 up front and 2 2400s in the backKicker Hyperflex 1/0 and 4 gaugeDDM Tuning H.I.Ds35w 10,000k in projector low beams55w 12,000k high beams
sean 371 Posted April 15, 2007 Report Posted April 15, 2007 I have my L5's tuned at 30 right now, and they have a lot more sound quality than they did at 39 hz, where they were before. They still slam though. So really anywhere between 30 and 40 would work. A couple links to some box builds: Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI, Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150 My own car builds (current setup --- under construction): Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors Subwoofer Wall
Slinky Posted April 15, 2007 Report Posted April 15, 2007 35 DD M4 Rockford Fosgate P500-4 SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap 2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S XS Power D3400 Under Hood XS Power D5100 in rear Michael Singer 200A Alt Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/
w87will Posted April 15, 2007 Author Report Posted April 15, 2007 Yeah I was going to do 36 just because. But I guess ill do 35 I dont know if thats much of a difference, lol. But Thanks alot for the information and help. Much appretiated.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.