I have the Clarion EQS746 and right out of the box I hooked it up and loved it.

The control of the sub and volume and how you want it to exactly sound was perfect.

Upon further review after the fuse in the back snapped (not popped, the actual housing snapped from my bass) I bypassed the whole EQ to find out that it had robbed my sub of its lows.

It seemed that no matter what song I would play it would not get lower 32-34hz and sound clean.

If you are not in to lows than it is not a problem because it boosted the bass frequencies almost like an Epicenter on older songs like Earth, Wind & Fire type music.

My mids and highs are so much louder and a lot more clear because of this EQ as well but be careful because it does have a lot more power than your headunit and actually blew one of my tweeters because I tuned it wrong and it sent clipped signals to it.

Other than that for +-$50 it is a GREAT unit and does its job.

:good:

Nice and bright blue LED display :D

Posted Image

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

to add to this, i bought the same unit after being directed to it by hoe92, i love it, takes a while to get used too, i guess only thing i could add is i wish it had a dimmer button, at 3 am its bright as fuck

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

I have the Clarion EQS746 and right out of the box I hooked it up and loved it.

The control of the sub and volume and how you want it to exactly sound was perfect.

Upon further review after the fuse in the back snapped (not popped, the actual housing snapped from my bass) I bypassed the whole EQ to find out that it had robbed my sub of its lows.

It seemed that no matter what song I would play it would not get lower 32-34hz and sound clean.

If you are not in to lows than it is not a problem because it boosted the bass frequencies almost like an Epicenter on older songs like Earth, Wind & Fire type music.

My mids and highs are so much louder and a lot more clear because of this EQ as well but be careful because it does have a lot more power than your headunit and actually blew one of my tweeters because I tuned it wrong and it sent clipped signals to it.

Other than that for +-$50 it is a GREAT unit and does its job.

:good:

Nice and bright blue LED display :D

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv2/the.../IMG_7957-1.jpg

The eqs750 was a lot better eq. too bad you just can't find it anymore. It had a 30 hz boost/cut adjustment and got looooow.

both agreed!

they are very bright and it takes some time to get used too.

and at first I really just wanted it to have a sub control and make my mids and highs a little louder.

but I have read about that one and it looks like something I should have got... oh well I still like mine now that the sub channel is going through my Alpine and my mids and highs through the EQ.

perfect balance :)

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

Bought that EQ over a year ago when i bought my system. But never installed it. It was always in the blazer (in the pocket behind the drivers seat) but never installed it. It sat there for over a year. Took it outta the pouch when i CFC'ed the blazer. Now it sits on my pool table with the rest of my audio equipment. Never seen power, never been mounted in a car, but i still got it, lol.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Archived