Sundown Audio

Whats a good amp and cheap?

c_stud

Posted Image

soon as i get some money together im going to have Spade Kreations make me a fiberglass box so that it'll flow over the wheel well hump and the port will be over the hump like this drawing

Posted Image

SKAR_468x60.jpg

1998 Nissan 200sx

NOW:

Dex-p98r head

Planet Audio 300.4 mids and highs

Planet Audio/Pioneer tweeters/crossovers

Skar SK1500.1

3 SKAR Vvx15 dual 4 wired at .63

two audio pipes will do at 3k or so for the price

Those subs have dual 1.2 ohm coils. Should work nicely on that AP. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

BTW don't even think about buying that Soundstorm "Cruiser" amp. It is not even a serious alternative to the others you listed.

Those subs have dual 1.2 ohm coils. Should work nicely on that AP. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

BTW don't even think about buying that Soundstorm "Cruiser" amp. It is not even a serious alternative to the others you listed.

i'll probably just get the Orion for then whenever i get some cash together, does any1 else have suggestions on mono amps

SKAR_468x60.jpg

1998 Nissan 200sx

NOW:

Dex-p98r head

Skar SK1500.1

i dont think he wants any DAT's or sundowns or stetsom i think hes lookin for sonys or something cheap because no offense but theres no point in putting thos high end amps with those subs tht arent exactly high end

x2

but if u want a cheap amp with enough power to push them subs id go with a audioque 2200d its only 389 shiped to your door. yoyll be more than happy with that amp maybe buy 2 if you want

6k is alot of power do u plan on upgrading the electrical i hope so. Spade kreatons does some nice work but im sure they r not cheap.

94 lincoln mark viii

h/u: kenwood kvt 614 Excelon

comps: alpine type x

amps: mtx 1501d mtx 4004

sub:2 DC lv4 12

wiring jl audio 0awg 8 awg sub

jl audio 4 awg for mid and highs amp

myspace.com/kylecm85

carstereolexington.com

6k is alot of power do u plan on upgrading the electrical i hope so. Spade kreatons does some nice work but im sure they r not cheap.

the big 3 1/0 awg

optima yellow top battery

25 farad capacitor

probably 2 awg power and ground

eventually a Tahoe h/o alt

SKAR_468x60.jpg

1998 Nissan 200sx

NOW:

Dex-p98r head

Skar SK1500.1

the big 3 1/0 awg

optima yellow top battery

25 farad capacitor

probably 2 awg power and ground

eventually a Tahoe h/o alt

I would get a battery.

I have about 2200 watts rms in my car, and I have an optima in front, a kinetik hc 1800 and all 1/0 guage wiring.

So i would look into the electrical before looking into any amp that does 2.5k rms or more. and ditch the capaciter. my .02

I would get a battery.

I have about 2200 watts rms in my car, and I have an optima in front, a kinetik hc 1800 and all 1/0 guage wiring.

So i would look into the electrical before looking into any amp that does 2.5k rms or more. and ditch the capaciter. my .02

^X2...that 25 farad power cap isnt gonna work in place of an extra bat...and if your running that much power, u mide as well run all 0 gauge...

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

orion isnt exactly cheap....

and you should invest in all your electical first.... then i would start looking for your amps... if you wanted to add the cap after a second battery that would be fine... but alone it will help but not solve any problem.....

Full eclipse system is next on list.. soon to gut and redo the honda as new project/rolling buissness card :)

i miss the sound of those old school strokers on beast amps :(

Archived