How Many Ohms, 2.7 Or 1?

ive noticed alot of punks with attitude on teh forums of late :angry:

No punk and no attitude. :huh: Sorry to come off like that. :) I only said "check the math" so someone else could check behind me. I'm not always sure of these things myself. I only knew it was 0.67 off my head because I'm redoing my system for three 4ohm dvc subs and already did the calculations for that setup.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

No punk and no attitude. :huh: Sorry to come off like that. :) I only said "check the math" so someone else could check behind me. I'm not always sure of these things myself. I only knew it was 0.67 off my head because I'm redoing my system for three 4ohm dvc subs and already did the calculations for that setup.

Yeah, I've been off school (my engineering course) for almost 2 weeks & already I'm getting rusty with the calculations!

I say wire them all in parallel and with impedance rise you should bump harder/louder & maybe sound a lil" better! P.S: The amp is 1 ohm stable. JUST REMEMBER TO KEEP THE GAIN DOWN TO AVOID A CLIPPED SIGNAL AND/OR OVERPOWERING YOUR 900WATT TOTAL RMS SUBS!!!

As for Chode, Scratchy & any other mod: Keep up the good work weeding out the people on here that try & make this forum just like all the others out there. (Too many assholes on planet earth.) -Not you Derrick! :o

What makes this place great is that we don't have too many idiots on here.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

All those links show 3 of the coils wired in series and 3 in parallel which is what he has them wire like right now and equals the 2.7 ohms. If you wire ALL the coils on ALL the subs in parallel, you will get a .67ohm load on the amp which will most likely be above 1ohm after impedance rise & maybe more since there are 3 subs being used & each has it's own rise to factor in.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.