Solo X 18" on music

How well do these subs play music? I've heard their sq suck, but that's not what their built for.

So people that run them daily, how do you like it?

Any numbers with setup info and vehicle info is greatly apprieciated.

Looking to build a system in a blazer and I have a million different setup's in mind, trying to narrow it down

i agree with polecat. if you want a woofer that takes 3kw on music and is 18 inches, there are so many better options available, for a whole lot less money (btls, dc lvl5, etc)

the solo is a fantastic burp woofer, and can legit take 10kw on burps, but its only good for ~3kw on music, atleast from my experience.

at the end of the day, its not an everyday woofer, and if you're starting from scratch it very well may be more than you need, expected, or can handle

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

want musical, find another lineup, L7, L5, Solo Classic, etc

Thanks for the info

i agree with polecat. if you want a woofer that takes 3kw on music and is 18 inches, there are so many better options available, for a whole lot less money (btls, dc lvl5, etc)

the solo is a fantastic burp woofer, and can legit take 10kw on burps, but its only good for ~3kw on music, atleast from my experience.

at the end of the day, its not an everyday woofer, and if you're starting from scratch it very well may be more than you need, expected, or can handle

Thanks,

I've been looking at ALOT of different options and cant narrow it down

8 15s in a clamshell

4 15s walled

4 18s walled (if i have room)

4 15s in a box

2 18s in a box

hell even 12 10s

and 16 8s

and with all of these being tossing around the idea of "which" sub to use

Dayton

Mach 5 IXL

Fi BTL (2 18s)

Fi Q

Tang Band (8s)

DC

Sundown SA-15s whenever they are released/built

WOULD kill for 4 18" kove armaggedon U2's

do what we did, 12 L715's off two Warhorses :D

Posted Image

Beautiful Tracy, just plain beautiful.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Archived