VistaV6 Posted September 12, 2009 Report Posted September 12, 2009 Ok so, got my walmart 10's in my car now. Right now they are in the boxes they came in....2 seperate boxes Here is the sub (lol at the suckness I know) http://www.lightningaudio.com/products/pro...S&p_status= I am pretty sure the boxes that the subs in are around .75 cu ft a piece. They have a 1 inch port which is tuned to 57 hz.... So I have a nice 3 cu ft box with a 3 inch port tuned at 33-34 hz... the box is meant for 1 front firing 12 with front firing port (havn't cut the speaker hole yet)...but I was bored and figured out that I could get the two 10's on the top of the box. So my question is, do you guys think it would be worth changing the box?? Would it be much louder? SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it. "You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.
rawlins87 Posted September 12, 2009 Report Posted September 12, 2009 would be better than a ported box at 57hz
VistaV6 Posted September 12, 2009 Author Report Posted September 12, 2009 Anybody else got an opinion? SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it. "You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.
Beanz Posted September 12, 2009 Report Posted September 12, 2009 why not just build a box? That's why they don't deliver. Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait. You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.
2loud4uboyz Posted September 12, 2009 Report Posted September 12, 2009 You could put your 10's in the one 12 box I think it will make alittle defence not much. But like beans said, build a box. Them 10's will sound real good for what they are in a custom made box . Well good luck on what ever you do,
aznboi3644 Posted September 12, 2009 Report Posted September 12, 2009 1" port?? 57hz?? one 3" port for 3 cu ft?? I say scrap everything enclosure and build a halfway decent one...I would rather go prefab ported than what yo have just described
VistaV6 Posted September 12, 2009 Author Report Posted September 12, 2009 Well, put them in the 12 box.....my God, atleast twice as loud....the increase was described by my friend who helped me get the box in saying "Holy fuck" after hearing before and after...and my mom saying it was shaking the house. SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it. "You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.
Basshead08 Posted September 13, 2009 Report Posted September 13, 2009 If you were to build a custom enclosure tuned about the same with proper port area you would be blown away. System tear out has begun...Out with the old i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme
VistaV6 Posted September 13, 2009 Author Report Posted September 13, 2009 Can some1 explain proper port area for me? How can I tell whats right. I just used the RE enclosure calc for this and I got to 33-34hz.... SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it. "You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.