Second Skin Audio

What Can I do.

What can I do to get LOUDER with the current equipment.

Subs. RE Audio SE Dual 4 ohm

Amp XT2000Dv2

Box 35x15x24 4"vent tuned to 34htz.

I need something quick like and in a hurry.

There are 3 comps comming up in October and November.

post-690-1252764293_thumb.jpg

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

well do want it louder on music or make a fart box for burps you can redisign it for that or make a new box with interchangeable port one for music and take it out for comp just some ideas also is all your electrical up to snuff? done the big 3? if you can keep your electrical stable that will help

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

knock a few inches off the port

sprayfoam around box if you didnt already

deaden the roof (sure it flexes alot, flexing=lost pressure)

try dumb stuff like sliding the passenger seat all the way forward, taking out headrests, flipping sunshades down, closing ac vents, running ac before the run to cool the car down and make the air denser, etcetc....

sometimes dumb stuff makes a difference, some guy taped pvc cut in half ontop of his box and gained .2db, and lost it if he took it off, it just made it .2db louder for no good reason

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Big 3 done while back. I guess I need a box design that fits within the 36x36x15 area that I have. But going that big will require that it be built in the car. I really want both worlds a daily and a fart box for comps. I know that the last comp I went to they said I was optimal at 51 htz is that the tuning frequency of the car and will that help build an spl setup. And I would also like it to be able to be tuned for daily/ music as well. I have to get this done by the end of October. And does a carpeted box take away from spl.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
DC audio 2.0k

dc_audio.jpg

Big 3 done while back. I guess I need a box design that fits within the 36x36x15 area that I have. But going that big will require that it be built in the car. I really want both worlds a daily and a fart box for comps. I know that the last comp I went to they said I was optimal at 51 htz is that the tuning frequency of the car and will that help build an spl setup. And I would also like it to be able to be tuned for daily/ music as well. I have to get this done by the end of October. And does a carpeted box take away from spl.

most cars resonate frequency is around 45-55hz from what i know. now if you make a box with your tuning frequency, around 51hz which is tuned very high, you can only listen to a few songs, i would re-tune your box to 44 hz, or make a spl box that will be tuned to 49 hz. Because im sure right now the box you have plays music very well.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS

2x Sundown Audio SAZ3000d Parellel strapped

honestly, most "preloaded" boxes are tuned to 40 hz (every kicker, rockford p series, and mtx thunder...we had a slow day so i crunched some numbers)

that being said, as long as you're careful and not playing like chopped and screwed music at full blast, even going as high as 40hz is "usable" for daily. if your car resonates at 51 that means your box is probably going to end up being 45-51hz optimally. the best bet is to build a box with a removable port (a lot of guys have done it if you need pics or ideas how to accomplish it) where one port is more sq oriented and tuned lower, while the other is tuned higher. this is all an imperfect science, so the best way to figure out what tuning is right is by trial and error, make the box, make the port longer than necessary, and run a sweep or two, chop a half inch off, repeat...untill the score starts dropping

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Raytard,

Could you give me a couple of box ideas that would fit within 36 wide, 36 deep, 15 tall. I really want my subs and vent to face into the cabin of the car. I also would like a port that is for burps, and one thats for music.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
DC audio 2.0k

dc_audio.jpg

Raytard,

Could you give me a couple of box ideas that would fit within 36 wide, 36 deep, 15 tall. I really want my subs and vent to face into the cabin of the car. I also would like a port that is for burps, and one thats for music.

you'll need a comp box, and daily box...if your cars frequency is in mid 50's and your box is tuned into the 30's, there's your problem.

Behind every great man....is an underwear tag!