Mechman Alternators

Got a Rib Question on my mechman alt

ok, so i got my belt off and i look down and my stock alt has 4 ribs while the mechman one i got has 5. I didnt notice earlier because my alt is buried way down low in the engine. I CANT put it on there, correct?

I drive a 93 base model dodge stealth. Thanks

Fink

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

they have to have the same grove count. Can't you just switch out the pulleys for now?

1st  SMD "System of the Month" Feb. 2007

Zapco Studio 500 (2)

Zapco Studio 300X

Zapco Studio 204 (2)

(2) FI 12ssd's w/ copper coils

DLS Iridium Tweeters

DLS UR2.5 MidRange

FI. N.7 Midbass

JL Audio TWK 88 

Mechman 370A Elite Alternator

they have to have the same grove count. Can't you just switch out the pulleys for now?

Thanks for the reply. well the problem is that its a PITA to get the alt on and off because of its location, so i only wanna pull it off once. Id rather wait until i get the proper pulley so i dont have to do it again. Kinda sucks though, I was soo ready to up my electrical :censored:

Eclipse cd7000

Thanks for the reply. well the problem is that its a PITA to get the alt on and off because of its location, so i only wanna pull it off once. Id rather wait until i get the proper pulley so i dont have to do it again. Kinda sucks though, I was soo ready to up my electrical :censored:

Do not change the pullies, it is supposed to be that way. There is nothing wrong with having an extra rib on the pulley, it will still line up perfectly. We set it up that way for alignment purposes.

Do not change the pullies, it is supposed to be that way. There is nothing wrong with having an extra rib on the pulley, it will still line up perfectly. We set it up that way for alignment purposes.

wow i feel silly. thanks for getting back to me :)

Eclipse cd7000

now if your stock was 5 groove and they sent you a 4 groove you'd have a problem.

Team S.M.D.

Maritime Car Audio- (2) 18" SSA ZCON D1

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery

- (2) stock alternators (70 +90)

- Kenwood Excelon x-794, 4v preouts

car audio is just a LOT more complicated than "this amp does this power" or "this sub will be this loud". its like 2 + 2 = banana. (if that confuses you then you get the point) lol

now if your stock was 5 groove and they sent you a 4 groove you'd have a problem.

Yes, that is correct. If the belt is wider than the pulley, you def. have a problem, LOL.