Sonic Electronix

jl audio vs kicker.. quality

are you stuck between those two brands or are you open for suggestions? and what is the budget if your open for new ideas?

no im open and buget is really not a big deal i already have a truck and got like 2 1/2 years to get my system together

cuz i dnt even have a lisence yet so ya help me please

2 jl audio 12w3's sealed

soon to be 4 level 3 15's

blow through

all dc audio

Well, if that's the case, I would go with a DD setup. Digital Designs seems to be a sort of forbidden topic on this forum but I have helped build many DD setups for my friends and not one of them has had a single complaint.

With that being said, If your doing a wall, I would do like 4 DD 3515s or something like that.. It's a lower series but sounds excellent and gets very loud. If your going to go with the less speakers more power route, I'd go with the 9500 series.

I have also heard that RD audio makes great subs, Their ELITE SPL series seems to be very good from what I've heard and the owner is very easy to reach and a nice guy.

Hummer H2

(8) Crossfire XS V2 15's

(4) Crescendo Audio BC 5500s

(16) Crescendo 6.5's, (16) Crescendo Tweeters, (4) Beyma 8" Midrange

http://www.youtube.com/Owners1

I'm a diehard Kicker subwoofer fan and ZR amps.

I run L7s but since I want more SQ I'm trying to come up with the money to replace my L7s for Solo-Classics. So far I haven't heard a bad thing about them and even though I'm going with 10s I will garuntee that the 15 probably sounds unbelievably good for a sealed box requirement of 1.5 cubic feet.

If I run anything else its going to be DC audio's Level 3 10s since thats the biggest sub they offer for a sealed box application.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

I have never actually owned the JL W7's so I can't speak on those personally but I have ran JL subs before. They are a decent sub but overpriced IMO. I have two 12" Kicker SoloBaric L5's in my Camry right now and they have never failed me. I am in the process of changing to Sundown Audio equipment but I will never go back to JL Audio. If you want the recognition of having spent quite a bit on your system then by all means go with the W7's but I know there are subs out there for 1/2 the price but do the same if not better.

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

Archived