Raised Fi Lettering

well, my box is just about done and im waiting for the carpet to come in. in the meantime i want to make the Fi logo to put on my box. sice the sub faces up and the port is back, when you open my trunk in my jeep all you see is the port and a large blank area. in that blank area i want to put the Fi embossed logo. How do i go about making that logo? Does anyone know any sites that explain how to do it?

You can take any sort of thin rubber/cardboard, or just use a second layer of carpet, cut out the shape you want, lay it on, and then carpet it like you normally would. And just use a credit card or something to make sure the edges are defined.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

keep it to 1/8" or 1/4" thick material. by the time you wrap it it will add close to 1/8". it will look funny if you use a thick wood.

1st  SMD "System of the Month" Feb. 2007

Zapco Studio 500 (2)

Zapco Studio 300X

Zapco Studio 204 (2)

(2) FI 12ssd's w/ copper coils

DLS Iridium Tweeters

DLS UR2.5 MidRange

FI. N.7 Midbass

JL Audio TWK 88 

Mechman 370A Elite Alternator

yeah just trace the fi logo onto some cardboard, cut, wrap it with some carpet and you can glue it onto the box. i dunno what TTB did but i really doubt they will respond to you right now theyre having trouble responding to everyones quotes as it is.

btw heres a pic of the logo on my box and i havent really looked to see what its made of

img145.jpg

oh btw that logo is indeed glued on, if you place the fi logo underneath the carpet of the box then it wont be a different color but itll blend better so you choose which one you want to do. either one will look good

Archived