Second Skin Audio

[poll] - Which Fi Bl Sub? 15" Or 18"

15" Fi BL or 18" Fi BL?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which Fi BL Subwoofer Size should I upgrade to?

• 15" Fi BL
    • 18" Fi BL

I dont know.. thats my only concern really.. will it still sound good facing up?

I mean.. i have a few box ideas... but i need to measure the trunk again.. i gonna need some serious dynomat... cuz my trunk will prolly fall apart... SERIOUSLY... I wish i had a SUV or Truck.. lol

I might even knock out the rear seats to build a box partially into the cabin.. but i dont know.. I'll get some measurements before i purchase either one. 15" is low as i'm going.. if the 18 will work, i'll do it!

06 SCION tC

I dont know.. thats my only concern really.. will it still sound good facing up?

I mean.. i have a few box ideas... but i need to measure the trunk again.. i gonna need some serious dynomat... cuz my trunk will prolly fall apart... SERIOUSLY... I wish i had a SUV or Truck.. lol

I might even knock out the rear seats to build a box partially into the cabin.. but i dont know.. I'll get some measurements before i purchase either one. 15" is low as i'm going.. if the 18 will work, i'll do it!

I've tried facing my sub up, it vibrates the deck/trunklid so bad you can barely hear the bass.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

I've tried facing my sub up, it vibrates the deck/trunklid so bad you can barely hear the bass.

Did the same thing for my box that I made. Ended up throwing my P3's back into a prefabbed sealed enclosure & it sounded twice as loud.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

ok, so.. i was thinking the same thing.. would rattle WAY too much.. and already with my subs facing into the cabin the trunk has annoying rattle..

It might just be best to go with the 15" even tho I would love the 18... maybe i'll get the 18 and build a temp. box for my room and "break it in" in my room till summertime when i can really work on the car and get it to fit in there

06 SCION tC

ok, so.. i was thinking the same thing.. would rattle WAY too much.. and already with my subs facing into the cabin the trunk has annoying rattle..

It might just be best to go with the 15" even tho I would love the 18... maybe i'll get the 18 and build a temp. box for my room and "break it in" in my room till summertime when i can really work on the car and get it to fit in there

Alpine guy have you ever tried firing your subs at the back wall of the trunk pushed all the way like one inch away from it? Just asking bc I would guess our cars are about the same size yours might be a little smaller. I have found this to be the loudest setup for my car.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

yea, i was going to do that actually, and chode and I talked about that like a month ago.. the only reason i dont, is because i have a trunk leak where my tailights are.. so when it rains, water comes in.. i didnt want to ruin the box..

I'm lazy and have not fixed the problem..

06 SCION tC

yea, i was going to do that actually, and chode and I talked about that like a month ago.. the only reason i dont, is because i have a trunk leak where my tailights are.. so when it rains, water comes in.. i didnt want to ruin the box..

I'm lazy and have not fixed the problem..

Have you ever tried it just to see what it would sound like? I pointed my sub into the cab for a little while and I think I was having cancellation issues bc I could hardly hear any bass and it was rattling the deck. When I point the subs back really close to the back wall it hits a lot harder. Enough to hear a big difference.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz