Performance #'s are out for the new 5870 ATi card

http://www.techpowerup.com/103786/First_Ra...es_Surface.html

EDIT*** Can be up to 155% faster then the GTX285. Where the hell did this performance leap come from....ATi is really coming along nicely! If this card retails for only 299$ WTF is the only thing I can say!!!!! This 1 5870 is killing a dual GPU based 4870x2! :clapping:

I hope these numbers aren't miss-leading

Edited by newls1

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Bro, read those charts again, look at the performance for the GTX295... I have had many GTX295's in the past months, VERY FAST card, but if ATi is "FOR REAL" about these numbers, nvidia better price their cards accordingly and not 500-600$ for the same performance that a 299 ATI card can deliver. Also, the GTX295 card is 2 GTX275 GPU's on a card, so if the 5870 is faster then the 285, ITS GOING TO BE FASTER then a GTX275.

**EDIT** here is a quote from the article about the GTX295 perofrmance

""When compared to GeForce GTX 295, its performance ranges between -25 percent (25% slower) to 95 percent (almost 2x faster), another broad range.""

obviously when the drivers mature, the gap will close more, but the fact that this 1 GPU can beat 2 GPU's (That are VERY powerful) is really saying something. You are right though, it is a NEVER ENDING BATTLE!

Edited by newls1

damn good numbers for a relatively inexpensive card

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Those numbers make my mouth wet and my penis hard.

Wonder if it's worth swapping the ol' 4890's for the 5000's and see how they go......if the effort is built up.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

Those numbers make my mouth wet and my penis hard.

Wonder if it's worth swapping the ol' 4890's for the 5000's and see how they go......if the effort is built up.

Cheers,

Mick

ummmm, WTF. This is just PC stuff hear man. But to answer your question, YES, sell those those 4890's NOW to get some decent money for them, and wait (while using a POS backup card) and see what happens between ATi/Nvidia on this next launch. I totally for-see ATi killin Nvidia for atleast 3-4months after this card releases.

Holy mother of GPU GOD! These new GPU's AMD has implemented the "VOLTERA" Voltage chip.............anyone know what this means???

SOFTWARE VOLTAGE CONTROL FTMFW! Anyone remember the GTX280/260/and 1st design GTX295, these all used that voltage chip and allowed us OC'ers to tweak it, to voltage that was able to obtain massive GPU CORE overclocks, and safe too, as long as the cards were cooled properly. ATi, I can't believe them this time around. They have spared NO EXPENSE in designing these cards..... Never thought I would ever say that. Nvidia, once they redesigned the GTX260, GTX295, they no longer used this voltera IC, so popularity in the hardcore OCing arena for these cards dropped off, and Voltage had to be hard-modded, which people (including me) are not good at doing, as exact soldering needs to be done, and that is not my strong point LOL. I cant wait till the 23rd of this month to see what happens at launch of these puppies.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/HD_5000_Leaks/5.html

Edited by newls1

You can also modify voltage on a 4890 through a software GUI. Works wonders, I think it's a fantastic idea to cater for overclockers (like myself). Plus, if something does go wrong, you can open the GUI and revert to stock voltage without desoldering jumpers, changing dips etc.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320