LoL

Which one is it?

3mpg

4mpg

or

4.5mpg

????

It must not of worked if you cant even decide on a number to say! :01nocomment8so:

Sorry it is confusing but i meant i got 3 better just with the tbs then when i put the cold air intake on i got around 4-4 1/2 better with both.. any clearer??

Edited by CASZ71

2000 GMC sierra 1500 ext cab

KMC XD Spy series rims

Front doors Fosgate punch 6 1/2's stock tweets

Rear doors Fosgate power 4x6's

Probox 10 and box under rear seat

Rockford fosgate R-500 Prime series amp (537 rms)

4 gauge wiring

I used one because I got it free (Airaid was giving them away with their cold air intakes a while ago). They work on mine because fuel is injected in at the TB. I noticed more power available, but my MPG's just stayed the same.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

Airraid will help, on trucks, KEEP the stock intake you have. The others have larger runners, but you loose velocity. ( torque)

If you guys have any GM product, and it's after 1996, seriously look at Black Bear Tuning. Your GM vehicle has so much torque management it would sicken you. If you get 80%, or 100% of that removed, fuel curve and timing readjusted, more line pressure for a harder, firmer shift, you will see HUGE gains, if you felt gains off a CAI.

To explain a little bit on TM ( torque management) what it is, is GM felt the need to go in and take away some of the power the 4.8/5.3/6.0 makes, to soften the ride and power in the tranfer from motor, to tranny, to rearend. If you take off from a stop light, the more you speed up, and the more accelerator you have down, the computer see's that, and pulls timing OUT of your truck. As much as like 11 to 13 degrees! So you all know the <bog> it has, so you push the peddle down more, and it still slowly accels and then finally, after a certain speed it really starts to take off. Well, the 'shock' on your tranny/rearend is over, your moving so it gives the timing back slowly.

Now imagine, having ALL that power when you push the peddle down! It's like having a 350 with a 2 barrel carb, then going to a 4 barrel.

Black Bear, you can send in your computer, to not worry about the CR (crank relearn) and get a traditional tune. He will make all the adjustments, send you back your tuned PCM, you install, and within 20 miles your truck relearns the new setup, and you get tire burning power back. Get what you paid for in power! If later, you add headers, cam, change gears, whatever, your retunes for your changes is free for life. Just send it in, and pay shipping back.

Go to a local place some will charge you as much as $450 for one tuning session. And if anyone has been around GM performance for the last couple years, knows Black bear does an excellent job.

PS:" NO, I am NOT a paid supporter, just have searched myself for a bout a year before i let anyone toucvh my Yukon, and it was night and day difference!

Edited by Polecat

Behind every great man....is an underwear tag!

Airraid will help, on trucks, KEEP the stock intake you have. The others have larger runners, but you loose velocity. ( torque)

If you guys have any GM product, and it's after 1996, seriously look at Black Bear Tuning. Your GM vehicle has so much torque management it would sicken you. If you get 80%, or 100% of that removed, fuel curve and timing readjusted, more line pressure for a harder, firmer shift, you will see HUGE gains, if you felt gains off a CAI.

To explain a little bit on TM ( torque management) what it is, is GM felt the need to go in and take away some of the power the 4.8/5.3/6.0 makes, to soften the ride and power in the tranfer from motor, to tranny, to rearend. If you take off from a stop light, the more you speed up, and the more accelerator you have down, the computer see's that, and pulls timing OUT of your truck. As much as like 11 to 13 degrees! So you all know the <bog> it has, so you push the peddle down more, and it still slowly accels and then finally, after a certain speed it really starts to take off. Well, the 'shock' on your tranny/rearend is over, your moving so it gives the timing back slowly.

Now imagine, having ALL that power when you push the peddle down! It's like having a 350 with a 2 barrel carb, then going to a 4 barrel.

Black Bear, you can send in your computer, to not worry about the CR (crank relearn) and get a traditional tune. He will make all the adjustments, send you back your tuned PCM, you install, and within 20 miles your truck relearns the new setup, and you get tire burning power back. Get what you paid for in power! If later, you add headers, cam, change gears, whatever, your retunes for your changes is free for life. Just send it in, and pay shipping back.

Go to a local place some will charge you as much as $450 for one tuning session. And if anyone has been around GM performance for the last couple years, knows Black bear does an excellent job.

PS:" NO, I am NOT a paid supporter, just have searched myself for a bout a year before i let anyone toucvh my Yukon, and it was night and day difference!

so your saying my 5.3 is sufferin' needin some bufferin'? email or call me bro i want to do this mod NOW. :) Can i get a computer from a wrecking yard so im not down while i wait on it to get done?

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

hey steve over on the tahoeyukonforum is where they are "situated"

me and a couple other nor cal tahoe guys on there are trying to get him to come to nor cal and have a meetup somewhere where he can get everyone tuned I'll keep you informed if it actually happens.

I know he goes to socal a lot.

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

There is another guy that does some excellent GM tuning. Nelson Performance from San Antonio, Texas. Nelson Performance! Fill out the info form letting him know what you want to do and he will program a new PCM and ship it to you. Once you get the new PCM all you have to do is plug the new one in and ship your old one back to him and your done! No down time!

EDIT: This is the owner, Allen Nelson's website, LS1Truck.com Here is a post of an '07 with a 5.3 that he dyno tuned(he can do it if you can get your vehicle to San Antonio). His user name is farmtruc. http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/dynodata/20...v-5-3-dyno.html

Edited by duct_tape123