So far, so good :-)

Well, we got my new PC pretty much setup, and I think it went pretty well.

I was pretty concerned that my 4 x 2gig sticks OCZ memory was REALLY tight. bettwen the left and right pair ! I mean, it clipped in just fine, but there is basically only about 1/32" inch space between the two left chips, and the two right ones. In fact, the only reason they don't just lay flat against each other all the way down, is that the OCZ brand letters in the middle of the chips is raised up about 1/32", and that actually keeps them apart by just that much. Of course the heat sinks are at the top of each, and each one faces away from the last (if that makes sense).

I actually called Gigabyte about this, and the lady suggested we start out with two sticks, and see how it worked, and if that was okay, try and squeeze in the other two. We did, and it worked great both ways.

122253020.jpg

Kind of pretty, huh ? :) Dumb though, that Corsair doesn't just give you the decals to put on yourself, so they could be right side up ! They gotta' know about 9 million people are going to mount them upside down at "the bottom" of an Antec case...

Anyway, here's the other thing that "might look great", if it didn't have to be mounted upside down...... the graphics card :-(

122353020.jpg

After this shot, we got the wires hidden quite a bit more, down in the unused front, lower bay section. I see now why a couple reviewers complained about not being able to disconnect the unused cables and plugs.... but then again, all those disconnects do seem like potential "poor connection points" especially after connecting and disconnecting them a few times down the road. Anyway, in the end, my PC being stable and dependable means WAAAY more to me than it being pretty.... and definately more than being able to OC it to 180%.....

122453020.jpg

I have a brand new 23" HD Samsung monitor, and a couple more 120mm case fans coming to me Wednesday. Hope to get that stuff hooked up, and get this new PC swapped out with the old POS I'm stting behind right now :-)

Peace,

Fish

PS, Thanks again Newsl1, and anybody else who gave me your thoughts about my new PC build.

PPS, We let the system set itself up (auto BIOS... or whatever you call that again) and then went back to see what it chose. It pretty much got everything right.... 5-5-5-18 memory timing.... it read my memory at the correct 1066mhz... and it got all the voltages correct too.... but I wanted to bump my memory voltage from 1.80, to 1.82, just because my Low voltage memory is supposedly fine, and still keeps its complete warranty up to 1.85 volts. I'm going to monitor my memory temp pretty close though, and if it gets pretty hot, I will lower it back to 1.80... maybe even 1.78.

Hey Chris,

Looking good man. Great choice of case, have a 900 myself and I find they have plenty of room too. Actually, good choice on everything. Looks like you have yourself a nice machine there champ.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

Much thanks guys.

Hey Bullet, like I say, we did get the wires hidden pretty well right before we put the cover back on, I just failed to snap a quick shot of that. But it's just like 1 reviewer had said > The cables from Corsair PSU's look like freaking Medusa's head ! :-) LOL That guy was bragging about some other brand of PSU's he had used which let you disconnect and remove all the wires that you didn't use. That seems great.... except for all those additional connection points (possible weak links)

Btlcav, it's okay man.... I had no clue a short time ago either :-) Yes, it stands for Over Clocking, and is primarily don'e with upping the voltage to certain parts of the PC, and of course through settings. Their are a bunch of guys who practically make a "sport" out of OC'ing.... definately a science. Personally though, I just want my PC to run steady, smooth, and stable, for a long time. It's already going to "feel blazing fast" to me.... compared to what I'm used to.

Thanks Micky :)

Peace,

Fish

Coming along GREAT!

The only thing I would really change out..............is that stock intel HSF. Get a good aftermarket cooler, and even on HOT summer days, those CPU temps will stay under 60c 100%loaded

Edited by newls1

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Thank you man :) I don't think those high performance CPU coolers are TOO expensive either, huh ? I'll go check those out now.

....and hey, I know it's not an i7...... but like I've been telling my friends, "I got the baddest, fastest, coolest PC you could get.... a couple years ago" ;) LOL

Peace,

Fish

Coming along GREAT!

The only thing I would really change out..............is that stock intel HSF. Get a good aftermarket cooler, and even on HOT summer days, those CPU temps will stay under 60c 100%loaded