Second Skin Audio

Which Is Better?

Which Is better?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which sub is the best overall in loudness,power handling, durability,and lonestlasting?

• 12" Alpine Type-R
    • 12" Power Acoustik MOFO
    • 12" Power Acoustik FUBR

x2

x678

Edited by bryan_15

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

While I agree with everyone else, I will be nice and answer the question.

I have a fubar-12 and PA doesn't make the fubr anymore so it might be kinda hard to find 4 of them for cheap, so I'm guessing you just didn't know what you were talking about. I'll assume you're talking about the fubar. If you want to see that name brand on your sub every time, or you are completely concerned with SQ, get the alpine. Out of the two PA you have talked about two different subs when one is higher than the other. Thats like saying, guys what sub is better, a P1 or a T1? A type E or a type X? Since I have the fubar and love it, and it costs around the same as a type r, it would be my personal preference out of the 3, assuming the mofo sounds pretty much the same but is rated to take more power (I have never had enough power to push my fubar hard much less a mofo) I can't say much about the power handling capabilities of any PA sub. (or alpine for that matter) All I can say is, I really like the way the fubar sounds and it slammms on the lows, so if you are willing to take the risk and get something a little different, get the PA, if you want good looks and a name brand, get the alpine.

Edited by 07mazda3s

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

well dude if you have 4"12" type-r then why the fuck would you put the type-r again in the poll??? :blink: sounds like someone dosent have any type-r to me :rolleyes:

I put the type-r on there to see if anybody would choose them over the type-r so i know not to trade them for some mofos or fubars.

BANNED LIKE A MOTHAFUCKA

britney-spears-bald-400a030207.jpg

IM BANNED BECAUSE IM A FUCKIN FUCKTARD

I put the type-r on there to see if anybody would choose them over the type-r so i know not to trade them for some mofos or fubars.

"Which sub is the best overall in loudness,power handling, durability,and lonestlasting?"

sounds like you were asking what to buy if im wrong...if you do have 4 "12" type-r's then you wouldnt have wondered whats is best overall in loudness etc... correct me if im wrong but i call bull-shit..you would know what they sound like and they wouldnt be mentioned in the damn poll :mellow:

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

Get a car before you do ANYTHING else alpine, atleast so you have something to mess around with. Find a ride for like $200 bucks so that you can have something to test stuff out in until you get the ride you want & can drive. Thats what I did & was 14 at the time too. That's a big reason why I was introduced to car audio. I had a running car sitting there free from my neighbor, so I would hook it up for a hobby. Then I sold it back to my neighbor for 50bucks more than the stereo cost me to put in it. I had fun, stayed out of trouble, learned a lot, & made money.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

Guest Nismofreak

Yah dude take it at a time. I have a shit load of money but spend it wisely so I don't buy the wrong stuff. I ordered my speakers and got them on Tuesday and took me a month to decide to buy em or not and I happy with what I got. Take your time alpine before you make a decision.

This one dude has a 12" mofo in a saturn and he said the mofos are way louder and better than the type-rs .is that true?

Edited by alpine

BANNED LIKE A MOTHAFUCKA

britney-spears-bald-400a030207.jpg

IM BANNED BECAUSE IM A FUCKIN FUCKTARD

i wouldnt say so. the mofo has a lot of excursion but not a lot of cone area. it handles more watts than the type r though but the sound quality is prolly slightly better on the type r.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/