Pre Outs And Running Component Systems

Okay so i have purchased a mb quart component system taht is 4 ohms tweeter and woofer set....you know...

Anyways my question is, i have an older, cheaper alpine Head Unit that has only one pre amp output and i believe it is for a subwoofer. I was wondering if I could run the RCAs to the amp that will be powering my component system... or do i need to buy a new head unit. If i need a new head unit i have seen some with specifications reading : front, Rear, and sub output. Does that basically mean 3 pairs of RCA outputs from the H/U? And can you only use the front and rear for for woofers and tweeters (basically component sets) and the subwoofer output for the amplifier that powers the sub.

Also, I am going to have multiple amps, which means multiple REM wires. I have heard you can use a relay, can someone help me out here, i dont really know anything about this part. maybe a link to what i could buy for the REM relay or a solution...

Edited by Texas Tech

Baylor University

Accounting

alright, but i dont really want to buy one at this moment.

maybe someone can answer about the sub output question

Baylor University

Accounting

There's a couple of ways you can do it.

1. like Nismo said get an EQ. the deck you have now is most likely one that will hall full pass preouts. Which means you will get full range out to what ever amp you plug them into. You can use the preamp out for your comp set now.

2. Buy a new deck, look for one that will have 3 preouts. front and rear will be full range and the third will be sub range only.

As far as relays, look into, http://www.bcae1.com/ one of the most helpful sites out there for startin out.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

thanks for the great response, thats pretty much what i really wanted to know, about the range of frequencies thorugh each pre amp output. I am going to buy a new H/U anyways probably in a week after i get two checks.

Baylor University

Accounting

dang so that is what that is, i didnt know what this thing was udner my dash for my alarm system but it was a relay. haha sweet

Baylor University

Accounting

all righty then!!!!!!!!!!!!! j/k with a head unit that has 3 pre outs 1 set (front) tyoically runs ur driver passenger speaks, 2nd set (rear back seat, rear deck- back doors) sub....pretty self explanitory. now with the remote to turn on ur amps, u were good for 1 or 2, i have always ran a relay to help that process along just because i have seen ALOT of head units rem wire go bad due to running multiple amps.

Using a 30 amp SPDT relay, connect terminal #87 to constant 12 volts positive , Connect terminal #85 to ground, terminal #86 to the remote turn on wire from the head unit, and terminal #30 to each accessory with an appropriate fuse. A fuse could also be used between the output of the relay (#30) and the remote turn on wire of the amplifiers and/or processors for extra precaution.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

anyone have a link to something specifically that i can buy for the multiple REMs. Something on crutchfield or somewhere

Baylor University

Accounting

just go to the autoparts store or stereo shop and tell em u want a relay and hook it up like I mentioned above. It just takes a few minutes and a little wire and female plug connectors.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg