4 X 15s In Tiny Toyota Starlet.

Got me a Toyota starlet Gt hatch , and decided to slap 4 15's in there

im making one big ass common enclosure for all four woofers with alot of bracing .

Woofers will face up and i was suggested to port to the rear

but the rear slot would almost be against the rear trunk lid , and i think it would most certainly effect the tuning .

now with the port length .. going to tune around the 35hz

slot port going horizontally at the bottom of the box . the length is 31" but unsure about what the width should be ? 31" wide and 2 " high suggests a port factor around 20 .

would 4 x Svc's (600Rms) would 2" have to much port noise?

Help please

i would not make your port like that. make it as square as possible. ex: 8x10. not 2 by 30 . (dont use those measurements, that just an example) :)

also, you want a little room from the port to the trunk back too. give it a few inches and youll be good. i know its hard fittin 4 15's in there!

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Yeah its called a crx box. subs up port back is def a loud way to do it.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

In that small of a car, I'd port upwards for sure. That way you can build all the way to the back hatch.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

isnt that car small, like REALLY small? like MiniCooper small? if so, just wall it, or clamshell it, screw the back hatch area

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Absolutely, if your willing to give up your rearview mirror like i did, its well worth wallin it!!!!!!!!

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

yeah its tiny , can u elaborate on the clamshell . lol first time ive heard of it ? :D

my plan is to flap the back seats fwd and drop in a mother of a box from the back of the hatch to the back of the seats .

im using low powered woofers so my box space does not need to be overly huge .

Archived