Sundown Audio

2kw + at .66 or 1.33 ohms.

siucsaluki11

Im looking for an amp to do 2k+ at either .66 or 1.33 ohms. I have been looking at the DDM3a, but have no idea on the price, so its kinda, if the price is right, hells ya, but if its high, ill go elsewhere. Also been looking at SAZ-2000, ive heard it can be run under 1 ohm daily, and i figure its close enough to 1 ohm that with box rise itll be fine. And ive also been lookin at the AQ-2200D. It would be nice to do all AQ but im guessing the M3a is a bit pricy.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Sundown 2000 is a good choice.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

I figured the DD will be outta my range, any chance you could list a range of what it could be between? I figured i coldnt go wrong with the sundown. Which draws more current, the sundown or the AQ? This will be my first high power build, and i dont know what to do as far as ammount of batts and all. I was thinkin atleast 1 good group 31, and when i can afford one a H.O. Alt, but idk what will fit on my car.

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

the dd m3a is rated to do [email protected]. the web site states the power rating at 11.9v. it is a fairly expensive amp, but well worth the cost at .66 it will actually do closer to 2800rms

2000 gmc yukon

4 sundown Zv3 15's

4 dd m2a's

kenwood kdc-x994

2 batcap 4000's 1 batcap 2000

dual alts.

154@37hz and climbing

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3231683

http://www.myspace.com/torque150

TeamDeadlyHertz-loburbon.png

Wow, i overlooked that. But honestly, if it can make that kinda power at 11.9 that is very impressive. I may call my local shop and see what these cost.

Decaf, the refurbed sundowns off db-r are only around $50 more than the AQ i think. I wasnt gunna go brand new with a SAZ-2000, thats a but expensive. Ill probably just get the AQ when the time comes.

those refurbs from db-r are solid. mine looked brand new.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Im looking for an amp to do 2k+ at either .66 or 1.33 ohms. I have been looking at the DDM3a, but have no idea on the price, so its kinda, if the price is right, hells ya, but if its high, ill go elsewhere. Also been looking at SAZ-2000, ive heard it can be run under 1 ohm daily, and i figure its close enough to 1 ohm that with box rise itll be fine. And ive also been lookin at the AQ-2200D. It would be nice to do all AQ but im guessing the M3a is a bit pricy.

Both the AQ or the Sundown would do nicely, and dont worry about box rise unless you are just gonna do burps.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

I was worried more about keeping it above where the amps will like the ohm load. Its going to be a daily driver. Im not makin a fart box, tho the port for the box i designed is HUGE. (going by the specs i was told worked best for a DD1508)

Edited by siucsaluki11