Second Skin Audio

First wall build thread

That1Kid

I am going to start building a wall sometime this week. (Full setup is in sig)

I have 2 Memphis PR15s right now with a Memphis PR 500.1 amp.

I want to build the box and have the 2 subs towards the top of it facing forward.

I am going to use my next paycheck to buy 2 more PR15s and put them facing forward towards the bottom of the wall..along with another amp and battery.

From wheel-well to wheel-well is 38in. From backseat to where the hatch closes is ~35.5in. From floor to ceiling is 38(I think; I measured early today I will verify tomorrow)

I have a few questions though before I start.

1. Is it even worth it?? ie: will it be loud? Any of this :hairtrick: ?

2. Where should I start with this box? ie: What to buy..etc (This is my FIRST EVER build of anything speaker/enclosure related)

3. How much do you think it will cost in the end (if you had to guess)?

4. How should I port the box??

5. Can someone maybe give me an idea on a design for a box? (I would pay, but I need all of my money..about to drop a lot on this stereo, and I just started college.)

Thank you to anyone who gives me ANY insight.

-98' Ford Expedition (Rest in Peace)

-AVH-P3300BT

-Crescendo BC5500

-4 18" DC m2 Level 3.

As soon as i read the dimmensions i knew it was a 4 dr blazer. I got a few designs i made up when i was thinkin of gettin 4 15s before i got a new car.

Heres an example of one, i think i got a few more on my computer.

415ssubsandportup12cubesat30hz.jpg

EDIT: Sorry, wrong pic originally.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Damn, thanks man that is sick

Man, I've seen some of the boxes that you have designed...you are amazing at what you do bro. Good shit

Is that box with subs facing up or forwards??

-AVH-P3300BT

-Crescendo BC5500

-4 18" DC m2 Level 3.

Up

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

That is what I thought they were. That looks good, and realistically speaking I will probably end up with something like that.

But, i really wanted to try a wall with subs facing forwards. Thanks for your help man.

-AVH-P3300BT

-Crescendo BC5500

-4 18" DC m2 Level 3.

That is what I thought they were. That looks good, and realistically speaking I will probably end up with something like that.

But, i really wanted to try a wall with subs facing forwards. Thanks for your help man.

I see you are in columbus, I would be willing to help, or even do your install. Check out my build, and im working a box up for ya too.

*edit for pic

abcd.jpg

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

DC Audio Dealer and Team Member

that front pannel is gunna flex like a mofo. On my last box i didnt add bracing at first, after one day i decided i needed to since i could see the top of the box (where the subs were) flex, i actually broke a few screws that were holdin the subs in. I added a few pieces of 1" dowel rod and the flexing was gone.

Archived