Its great to see another Aussie on here doing some crazy stuff. How are the Response amps treating you?

Keen to see the clam shell in that commo. I have thought of doing one with only 4 subs as I only have a small car. I then changed my mind about 5 times and now have just speakers in the doors for now.

Keep up the good work and the updates.

cheers mate, yeah the response amps are great, the 800w one was the first amp i bought and has been in all my installs exept this one without skipping a beat, the 1500w one i got off a mate and its also been flawless, even when running at like 11.2v while bumping through the city with shit batteries a few times its never overheated or anything, these thing are indestructible lol :)

you should wall the 323 lol i recon it would have to be the loudest car in tassie :)

Yeah, I've seen those. Lol at the 6.5" with 12mm xmax, thats insane, loud mid bass I'm sure!

haha thats the plan, they gotta keep up with 16 10"s lol, hopefully 2 sets in ported pods should go alright :P

vandersexx-1.jpgdeafaz-1.jpg

^^^ clicky pics for build logs ^^^

Australia-03-june.gif

ok after getting bored the other night when i couldnt sleep i was looking around on some UK forums and found a build similar to my diamond, but instead of the big slot port along the bottom they had the port at the back of the diamond...

with the slot port along the bottom its kinda useless coz its blocked off by the back seats whe their up so im thinking il seal it up and port into the back of the diamond... a 12" by 12" square port tuned to 27hz-ish with 50mm flare on both ends... it should go alright :)

hopefully il have it in by the end of the week alond with some more bracing and trim panels to seal off the rear of the car :)

Australia-03-june.gif

CAnt wait to see it. Pretty sick build. What did you have to do to legally drive with a wall? Any rego stuff or forms to fill out or just stick it in and hope for the best?

1988 Honda City E

• Big 3 in 1/0
  • Venom 6x9
  • Venom 6.5 Components
  • Response 4x100 midz and highs amp
  • Fusion NV 2500.1: STOLEN
  • 2 x 12 inch fusion nv subs
  • 10 inch 5 doller subs in my doors

PM me if you want help with electrical

cheers mate...

yeah pretty much just chucked it in and hoped for the best, its behind the back seats and coz its painted black you cant really see it from the outside so i dont think il have too much trouble, its just like packing the boot full to go camping or something, just a lil more perminant lol

Australia-03-june.gif

CAnt wait to see it. Pretty sick build. What did you have to do to legally drive with a wall? Any rego stuff or forms to fill out or just stick it in and hope for the best?

In NZ it's legal if you remove the rear seats (unless you wall behind the rear seats like this build) A mate of mine put a box in the back of his WRX station wagon with the seats folded down and when he went to warrant it they said he would have to remove it or remove the seatbelts and weld over the mounting points. If you remove the rear seats altogether then you are fine, as I have done.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

In NZ it's legal if you remove the rear seats (unless you wall behind the rear seats like this build) A mate of mine put a box in the back of his WRX station wagon with the seats folded down and when he went to warrant it they said he would have to remove it or remove the seatbelts and weld over the mounting points. If you remove the rear seats altogether then you are fine, as I have done.

You sure? I went to get a warrent yesterday and had to put my seats and seat belts back in to get it.

1988 Honda City E

• Big 3 in 1/0
  • Venom 6x9
  • Venom 6.5 Components
  • Response 4x100 midz and highs amp
  • Fusion NV 2500.1: STOLEN
  • 2 x 12 inch fusion nv subs
  • 10 inch 5 doller subs in my doors

PM me if you want help with electrical

You sure? I went to get a warrent yesterday and had to put my seats and seat belts back in to get it.

Well my build got through, and as you can see I kept the seatbelts, you didn't go to VTNZ did you? They have a tendency to be wankers. How are your subs mounted?

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

hey man loving the build :popcorn: :popcorn:

i was just wondering if you could tell me the dimensions of the boot, i live in sydney and i am looking into buying a vt commodore

thanks

hey mate good to see a fellow aussie on the forums... my box is 1018mm deep and 1200mm wide and its hard up against the wheelarches and hits the bit of plastic above the carpetted bit on the bootlid, before it starts angling i think its about 500mm high at the back.

what are you gonna do in yours? would be great to see another walled commo out there :)

Australia-03-june.gif

Archived