Sonic Electronix

ive been wanting to ask this question for the longest but never did cuz i was concerned with backlash. but wth. what exactly is burping (sp?) and how do you perform a burp?

Edited by CallMeTy

1999 Altima 5spd

HU: Alpine CDA-9887

Frnts: CDT audio 6.5 Components

Rears: Alpine Type R 6.5 Components

Speaker Amp: DAT HR4125

Subs: 2 AQ HDC3 15's coming soon

Sub Amps:(2)US MD2D

Wiring: Stinger

8_RedDevillogo.pngalpine_logo.jpg

Usually it is playing a tone for for a short period of time(about 3 seconds or so), but usually when people burp their subs they put a shit ton more power to them, to achieve the highest Db they can get, I.E. you have a sub rated at 2000rms, and for that short period of time they would be putting something like 10 or 12K to it or more. The sub can usually take this increase in power for a short period and will get a few Db's louder in most cases. Also the people use tones for the fact that when using tones you get the full output of your amp, when playing music you are probably only getting 40-50% most of the time.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

yea... if u read some subs say the peak power... like lvl'5 can take 10k to them.... i have seen some people put 25k to 2 memphis mojo's

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>

here is an example of a burp....

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

this too...

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> Edited by banginAltima

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

another question i have (didnt want to start a whole new thread for this, SMD has alot going on tonight) but what is the significance of putting lvl 5 coils on a lvl 4 DC sub. is it not the same as a lvl4xl.?

1999 Altima 5spd

The difference between the lvl 4 and lvl 4 XL is the quantity and type of spiders along with a completely different motor.

getting the lvl 5 coil in the lvl 4 gives you a better 8 layer flatwound coil, and more options for a coil config

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

that 2nd vid was crazy retarded, man i cant wait to get up and running,LMAO

1999 Altima 5spd