Sundown Audio

Type R POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SPLGEO

I have 1 type r 12 dual 4 ohm, with 2 RF p3002's one per voice coil. I need more power way more i am tired of stayling around the 130's... last i hit 137.8 on a LAB mic. I want to break the 150s by the summer. i am willing to get ride of the type R I know tommyk1990 hit a 150 with a type R 10 and an orion 2500d at 1 OHM. any sugestions are welcomed, and this is my daily driver

THIS IS MY 1st POST  :D

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.

150 is going to take alot of work, and ofcourse money. id say about 40% is box design, 40% power, and 20% speaker

Finding the cars natural resonance will help tons. firing the sub, and port in the correct directions is everything also. If you ever notice, when people build ported walls, the port is usually behind the driver seat, even that is because the Mic location gets the full effect on the passenger side because of doing that. And as far as getting about a 150 in a Daily driver, look at what people like Meade had to do to pass the 150's..... huge box in a large SUV, with 21,000 watts, with 4- 18" subs, processors, and mics to test his vehicle over and over again. but if you have a geo, those things are small, so its easier to gain spl in a small car, less air to move, but then to see some serious numbers, you have to sacrife SQ for the SPL, like tune boxes higher like 45, 55, 65 hz, which is great for techno, dance music, but the lower notes just kind of fade away

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I figured found that sub back port driver side is best for SPL.. I care nothing about SQ... I looked at Meades civic with the 18's in the back but that took the whole trunck up I can't really do it I have about 7 cubic feet of box space to use...... my natural car responce is 62 or 31 1/4 wave formula and some testing

A friend of mine at the local comps used a 15" mojo and one mojo amp in an explore and hit 150.6.. and when he turned on teh second amp hit a 151.8

would a type R 15" and hifoncs BXi 2006D  wired at 1 ohm get close.... I know its a hard question because different cars respont differently....

O a word on the local comps.... its by a stero store CKR  www.ckrme.com they use an audio contral mic, and teh only class are by the total speaker size 0-20" 21-40" 41- up... mic is on the dash

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.

if your type r is in the correct enclosure and you have a good alternator then that hifonics amp will do almost a 150 is not a 150, guaranteed.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

you can look at my enclousure on this site under the enclorsures section

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/forums/in...php?topic=587.0

the second areo port is hard to see but its uder the one you can see the sub and the ports on both on the left side. Sub firing back  and port firing to drivers side. Its still the 12"

i suggest hitting up tommyko "type r bass" if your lookin for that 150 on a type R....not gonna be easy and almost certainly not gonna bump 150 on a daily with a 10" type R. 

hit him up and see how he did it, i dont know how and its not exactly typical to see a 50 with that equipment.  Gonna take some work.....and alot of time, testing  and effort.

gl

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

I have talked with him before 10 daul 2 ohm, 2 cubic foot box,  2500 watts RMS, Its a reg cab s-dime.. very small air space to fill up..

what woudl you guys sugest as a set up taht can work and not severally push a speaker to hit 150?

I have talked with him before 10 daul 2 ohm, 2 cubic foot box,  2500 watts RMS, Its a reg cab s-dime.. very small air space to fill up..

what woudl you guys sugest as a set up taht can work and not severally push a speaker to hit 150?

Bigger, better subs...RE, Kicker, FI

Archived