How do you guys save money?

i used to mow with a buddy of mine and honestly it wasnt worth it, i would either work 8 hours or be in school for 5-6 hrs then go mow and i had no life, had no fun, and was risking alot of my relationships with people, and my grades, but i was clearing 900 dollars or so a week, and pretty much bought what ever i wanted, my bank accound never had less that 3-4k in it and my bills were always paid, now me and him both quit mowing, the money is alot less but i have more time for school and friends and myself im not in over my head anymore and im way happier than i was with all the money, what i do now to save up money is just take 15% of my paychecks every two weeks and deposit it into my savings, mind you its only 150 bucks or so but within a few months it really adds up, hell most of the time i have extra mony in my checking account and just transfer what i can to my savings.

2000 White Dodge Durango 5.9L

Flowmaster 40 Series through 2 1/2" with and open cat.

1 Dc lvl5 18

4 6.5 seleniums and 2 D200 Selenium Horns on Rockford 500.2

Big three upgrade and a kinetik HC1800 in the back with all 1/0g knu wire

shootin for 145+ :)

mybanner49a35dfb6b392.jpg 732593158.png

I have to have a plan and MAKE myself save.

Doing a budget sucks, but It is what I have to do. Write down what you will get paid in one column, and write down what you HAVE to pay for in another column (gas, food, school, power, water, cell phone, so on...) When you are done with that, then hopefully your income is bigger than your outgo side. If not, you have to cut something and / or get more work. But if it isn't- take another $25, $50, $100 (whatever you can pull out and have enough to have some "fun money") out of the HAVE to pay for side and then pay YOURSELF with it. Take that money and put it into a savings account at your bank (don't link it to your debit card or else you will use it). I actually had to put mine in a small credit union to keep myself from spending it. It is a pain to go to that credit union, find parking, get there during working business hours.... so on.

Pay yourself FIRST. What money is left over is your "fun money" or overage money. And don't set your savings goals too high at first- if you do, you will be broke by your next check, get pissed at yourself and spend some more money to make yourself feel better (that is what I would do at least....). It really doesn't matter if all you can save is $10 the first week. The point is to do it on a regular basis. This way you will be making progress and you will feel accomplished, no mater how little you put in at first. Then work your way up to more and more money. This is called Bank on Yourself, Pay yourself, a Sunk Cost analysis, etc....

And no credit cards either.... imagine- instead of you paying other people interest, they pay you! You are making money instead of loosing it. The "rich get richer" isn't by some evil power or by accident.

http://www.daveramsey.com

For food check this out:

http://www.e-mealz.com (saves me and the wife a fortune in eating $$ and we eat way better)

Don't impulse buy.

Cook instead of eating out (once in a while is ok as long as it is budgeted for)

Stick to your budget.

Go easy on the gas.

Ebay old stuff you don't use or need.

Put any EXTRA income you generate into your savings, and live off of what you making were before.

Don't take financial windfalls (extra cash) as a reason to go buy something. SAVE and Pay yourself first.

There are only two sides to a financial equation: income and expense

Income must go up, expense must go down, or both. That is the only way to have more $ in hand.

Sorry so long winded. Just a few things I have found to be very true in my life that I wish I had started a while back. :D

X2 on the budget thing- works quite well. Some other things pretty much anybody can do for an easy buck is....just a few off the top of my head....painting, property clean-up (outside chit-have your dad help with dumpster rentals for bigger jobs) you said you work at mcd's, you have any time for another part time job? like across the street at taco bell? craigslist, here in sac anyways, has tons of $8 to $10 jobs around. May sound like I am rambling on, just brainstorming.....on the keyboard-lol

good luck bro-wish you the best. And as far as the budget, as 1hvyhtr said, pay yourself, even if only $10-$20 bucks a week to start. Once you get your budget figured out, put all EXTRA income in your savings. dont blow it thinking its all extra......you be just fine :D

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

Archived