To work at bestbuy or not?

I think im going to take the job but nothing is set in stone yet im waiting on my interview on friday..

I can pretty do everything there asking me to do and some plus i have more experience or future line ups in work

Far as the hours ill be part time..the money is "kinda" an issue but isnth that bad because at walmart during end of spring and the summer ill have about 35-50 hours on a 2 week paycheck

The only reason i asked the question because i know how BB and CC get bashed on pretty bad on the forums...and walmart has been very good to me between working around my college classes having alot of say in my electronics dept.

also kian its in vineland..

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3042878

TEAM DEADLY HERTZ

"GET LOUD OR DIE TRYIN"only the loudest will survive.

Says the homo that works for Best Buy. :o Don't talk shit about someone you have no idea about. I put up with a lot of crap there and left under good terms. I couldn't take the horse shit wanna be attitude that most BB employees like yourself have. Good luck ever making over $15 an hour there.

You obviously need a job where you don't interact with the public. You're right, I'm a homo best buy employee, but I also make more than you, so looks like you need to not talk shit about people you don't know. Have fun working your dead end job, I'll keep moving up and making even more money than you. You need to step off your high horse and quit being a dumbass.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

You obviously need a job where you don't interact with the public. You're right, I'm a homo best buy employee, but I also make more than you, so looks like you need to not talk shit about people you don't know. Have fun working your dead end job, I'll keep moving up and making even more money than you. You need to step off your high horse and quit being a dumbass.

You have no idea what I do for a living, nor do you know how much money I make. I no longer work in the audio industry due to the lack of work when I moved to where I live now. The shops that I tried to get a job at didn't want to pay a qualified installer the pay rate that I deserved so I chose to work doing something that paid better. Please don't dangle Best Buy in front of me like it's a great place to be. If entry level makes you happy then so be it. I'd think that if you enjoy car audio you'd want something that is challenging instead of something so easy and boring. Best Buy ain't shit, it's for cheap ass people that want crap for their car but don't want to spend the real money that it takes to get quality shit. Have fun with your Alpine Type R's and Rockford P3's cause that's about as good as life's gonna get for you. I can do without a discount on that shit anyway, it's not even worth the price that you pay for it.

If Best Buy is as far as life goes for you then be happy there. You still are the joke of the industry. EVERY custom shop in the industry is talking shit about Best Buy on a daily basis because of half ass hack jobs that you guys do. You can't tell me that you wake up in the morning and say that "Damn I sure am glad that I work at Best Buy", "It's the greatest job anyone could ever have. Screw working at a real shop, I'd rather work at this pathetic excuse of a wanna be shop." You don't even carry 0/1 guage wire where you work and they claim to be a real shop. That shit is fucking pathetic. I don't even know why I'm wasting my time with a turd of an installer like yourself anyway. You working at Best Buy and thinking your the shit is like the idiot's on the net claiming that their JL bullshit does 180db. You both fail!!!!!

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

do yoy guys think i can get a job there without degree? cause i'm still in school but kind of know how to install systems. ) it's not that complicated, especially with staff they have.

I'm sure that you could get a job there. It's honestly not hard at all to work at Best Buy. The hardest thing that will come your way is trying to get a package put together for someone that wants an entire system for under $500. It's damn near impossible to do for them and not get them the worst shit that they carry. It may have been the location that I worked at but most people that came in the door wanted the worst bullshit that was there cause they were cheap ass bastards. Other than that remote starts are something that you need to know. I'm sure you pretty much know how to do everything else.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

I would work at best buy any day over working at walmart. I did the whole wal mart thing, worst job I ever had, pay sucked, managers were dickheads, always finding ways to cut hours, never worked any over time.

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

DO IT lol i meen its a job, better than pushing shopping carts or anything like that ha and its doing something in audio, experience is GOLD IMO. but thats just my opinion mang :D

You have no idea what I do for a living, nor do you know how much money I make. I no longer work in the audio industry due to the lack of work when I moved to where I live now. The shops that I tried to get a job at didn't want to pay a qualified installer the pay rate that I deserved so I chose to work doing something that paid better. Please don't dangle Best Buy in front of me like it's a great place to be. If entry level makes you happy then so be it. I'd think that if you enjoy car audio you'd want something that is challenging instead of something so easy and boring. Best Buy ain't shit, it's for cheap ass people that want crap for their car but don't want to spend the real money that it takes to get quality shit. Have fun with your Alpine Type R's and Rockford P3's cause that's about as good as life's gonna get for you. I can do without a discount on that shit anyway, it's not even worth the price that you pay for it.

If Best Buy is as far as life goes for you then be happy there. You still are the joke of the industry. EVERY custom shop in the industry is talking shit about Best Buy on a daily basis because of half ass hack jobs that you guys do. You can't tell me that you wake up in the morning and say that "Damn I sure am glad that I work at Best Buy", "It's the greatest job anyone could ever have. Screw working at a real shop, I'd rather work at this pathetic excuse of a wanna be shop." You don't even carry 0/1 guage wire where you work and they claim to be a real shop. That shit is fucking pathetic. I don't even know why I'm wasting my time with a turd of an installer like yourself anyway. You working at Best Buy and thinking your the shit is like the idiot's on the net claiming that their JL bullshit does 180db. You both fail!!!!!

Actually I do like that I work at a company that is the top in THEIR INDUSTRY...and that industry is consumer electronics, not custom car audio. Of course we cant compete with custom shops out there as far as building a competition car audio system, we dont claim to do that nor have we ever claimed to do that. Car audio is one small aspect of what Best Buy does. I do not install at Best Buy I work in the store, and I would like to know how you claim to know Im a "turd" of an installer...I dont run anything we sell there, so you dont have a clue what you're talking about. Everyone complains that we dont carry 1/0 wire, or amps bigger than 1000 watts, or subs bigger than 12's...that is not what the customers we cater to demand. We carry exactly what they want. So why dont you just say your bad for being a ignorant waste of space and shut your mouth. You obviously dont have a clue what you're talking about. I mean honestly...comparing Best Buy to a custom shop is like comparing a car dealership to a hot rod shop. Why dont you try comparing us to people we compete with, like ...uhh...wait we dont have any competition because it's a very difficult industry to succeed in, but some how we manage, I think that's a testament to our business model. As far as doing without the discount...that's completely fine you want to pay retail for our products...thats just more money in my pocket, so for that I thank you.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

2-18" BTL's (for now)

You don't even carry 0/1 guage wire where you work and they claim to be a real shop. That shit is fucking pathetic.

that is the worst IMO when I'm out I want to grab some 1/0 quick or maybe even terminals but they only carry 4 gauge which is really closer to 6-8.

I wouldn't mind discounts on some of the headunits double dins.

but what you say about the hack jobs what if this dude turns it around and he starts the quality installs at his best buy.

and I would have to say my local shop is not nearly any better especially the people working there

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

that is the worst IMO when I'm out I want to grab some 1/0 quick or maybe even terminals but they only carry 4 gauge which is really closer to 6-8.

I wouldn't mind discounts on some of the headunits double dins.

but what you say about the hack jobs what if this dude turns it around and he starts the quality installs at his best buy.

and I would have to say my local shop is not nearly any better especially the people working there

You should see some of the hack jobs coming out of the so called custom shops. Sure the custom aspect of their installs are good, but the basics of installing seems to take a back seat for them. I've had quite a few custom jobs come through the stores shop that we had to fix the wiring, when a custom shop fucked it all up. Maybe custom is synonymous with shitty wiring, as that is what I see, so all custom shops must have shitty installers (using dumbass nightshade's logic of course).

The funniest thing is that people have all these stories about us not carrying this and that, so they had to go to a "real" stereo shop...that means you came to us first, so apparently we are doing something right.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Archived