Sonic Electronix

Re-Invention of SPL competition

I'm not trying to bash any of these Formats, they all have good judges and competitiors. I just think if we took the best from each and made a complete new league it would do some things this industry (an industry that we all love, and to some of us it is our livelyhood) like bring in new blood when classes are competitive for new members, and have exciting runs that always go down to the last second, and installs that look good. None of these things i just mentioned would be bad for any part of car audio. Somebody needs to make real time power calculator add-on for the TermLab. Promoters can use it do do more shows at smaller shops to get more people interested in car audio. Shops that have this tool can educate people about how their 1200w flea market amp only puts out 200w right there in the customers car. Shops can get more business for custom work if looks actually mean something at the competiton.

Shops can sell nice component speakers when Sound Quality is judged.

I personally want car audio to grow for 2 reasons: Its what i love to do, and its what puts food on the table. With a new Stereo League i think car audio can and will grow.

From being good friends and a teammate with the upper midwestspl promoter i help with shows clampin cars, i can say this.. yes it does take time.. but there is a rule stating the amps must in a easy locatin which to clamp.. and thats only in the national classes and most of the competitorrs that do those usually have 8ga speaker wire and is easy to clamp compared to that shit to 16ga wire.. stabbed myself a few times.. but your comment to the real time power calculator.. i believe it has been done or is in the process of being developed because i know of a midwest promoter trying to get that to make shows run faster..

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

I think its a good idea Ed! I was checking it out on Termpro.

Im just wondering, if the audio competition will be DB Drag/Bassrace still.

Or

Are you going to incorprate your own version for audio competition.

I currently think we have enough different audio formats (db drag, usaci, meca, midwest spl, iasca).

Im just worried that with another new format, all the other current formats are going to suffer even more for competitors, and see even less of turn outs at shows.

The thing I like about db drag is not only is it world wide, but its state wide too. Almost everyone in every state can goto a show without having to drive so far.

Where as you look at midwest spl theres nothing midwest about it. the owner or promoter whatever you want to call him is from MN, but he hasnt even had a show in WI. For me to compete in that format im stuck driving 5+ hours. Samething goes for Meca.

Then we have tons of usaci shows 50 minutes away from me, but its at the same place everytime with the same people every time. Pretty boring.

Where as you look at midwest spl theres nothing midwest about it. the owner or promoter whatever you want to call him is from MN, but he hasnt even had a show in WI. For me to compete in that format im stuck driving 5+ hours. Samething goes for Meca.

Your talkin about Adam the Region 2 promoter.. Steve Benton from Arkansas is the man behind the madness of MidwestSPL.. If you want shows in your state you have to get your local dealers to call him about having a show.. PM me if you need his number.. I would drive up to WI for some MidwestSPL shows

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

Your talkin about Adam the Region 2 promoter.. Steve Benton from Arkansas is the man behind the madness of MidwestSPL.. If you want shows in your state you have to get your local dealers to call him about having a show.. PM me if you need his number.. I would drive up to WI for some MidwestSPL shows

Yea, I just was talking to adam on facebook. He said there maybe a show on the 25th in saltyballs Iowa or somthing like that. maybe saltlake something lake. I dunno its almost 6am and i tired!

But I was looking at going, but I see a 9.5 hour one way trip. Kinda far when you poor. :(

That is possibly one of the best ideas ive heard of in a long time. i keep asking myself why there are not more events in the area that im in, northern michigan, but then i realize most people up here are boring and dont want that stuff and thats why there is no shows here at all. but i think thats a heck of an idea and i hope it could bring more of the sport to this area and i plan to help out in any way that i can. getting this sport out there and mainstream would be a huge step forward in the caraudio world and would probably change the industry for the future. IM DEFINATELY IN.

currently just running a JL 12W7 and RF BD 1001

soon to come

soundstream XXX 18

Memphis mojo MCD4KW

Big azz box in tha backseat

working out other details

soundstream.jpg

logo_mca.gif

Archived