Upgrade to Win 7... Is it worth it ?

Definitely worth it.

I have 4GB RAM (not quite as much as you, but still more than a "normal" user would...), and recognize a VERY noticeable difference between Vista and XP or 7.

In my experience with XP, Vista, and 7, I would rank them as follows:

7, XP, Vista.

Think of 7 as a mix of Vista and XP... It has the looks of Vista, with the functionality and performance (and then some) of XP.

I would recommend 7, especially if your only options are Vista and 7.

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

windows 7 is just like vista cept they took a few things out bla bla and renamed it. if you dont want to spend the money, i wouldnt either, wait for a copy to come out and just grab a key for it and bingo. might have to update as microsoft likes to shut piraters down.

p2pb5221902.jpg

Team PSI

Team Shock Industries

Team XS Power

Vertex Audio

Sundown Audio

Knukonceptz

Yeah, 7 just an upgrade from Vista. You have to have Vista in order to use it.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

Hmmm, where to start.

1) Windows 7 is NOT just an upgrade to or even an upgraded Windows Vista. Microsoft actually listened to people more during the development of windows 7. A lot of things have been redone.

2) I would not upgrade from Vista to Windows 7. I would do a full/fresh install. Remember the old thing about carrying over all the bugs from the previous version? Well, that could still be true. Better to play safe.

3) Windows 7 is less memory intensive. I'm running the 32bit with 2gig RAM. I have not hit one snag yet. Runs everything that I have ran on previous versions of Windows without any problems or having to use compatibility mode.

4) Windows 7 is faster than Vista. Hell, to me it's faster than XP Pro.

5) I have not had to really install any driver for hardware. Even though I do, because I think the drivers from the manufacturers are better. Everything I plug in both systems here are automatically found and running without having to reboot.

I could go on, but will stop there. I am running Windows 7 ultimate on a p4 2.8ghz system with over a T-Byte of hard drive space. 2gig of Ram and a 512Meg Nvidia based video card. I use it as a HTPC when I want to watch a movie or two. It's used as a file server and web server. I also do some graphics and gaming on it. It really doesn't slow down, unless my virus scanner kicks in to do it's daily full scan. Dual monitor support right after install of Windows 7. Currently on a 22" Princeton Graphics flatscreen and a Apex 32" flat screen t.v.. The TV runs at 1024x768. The 22" monitor runs at 1680 x 1050

I also run windows 7 ultimate on a Acer Aspire One netbook. It is unmodified (right now). I have not had a problem with it since I began Beta testing Windows 7. I've also done some photoshoping on that system without any hiccups. Dual monitor support right after install of windows 7. It's currently on a 17" flat screen and the 8.9" screen.

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia

We were talking about the $120 one from bestbuy. It's just a Windows 7 upgrade package. The full OS is about $300+

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card