Second Skin Audio

I Need Help Designing A Port

I need to make a ported/vented box for 6 12" Hifonics HFi12D4's. I want the dimensions of 40" wide, 24" tall, and 26" deep, all the subs facing upward. I can make the box, I just am clueless of what to do about the ports. I just want it to be tuned to be as loud as I can get it. I know they are budget subs but oh well. But could anyone PLEASE help me design the ports. I don't know if I need to make a separate port for each sub, if I need to chamber every sub, I just need help on this part. The work you guys do is so amazing and I just want to get started by doing something like this.

Thank you SO much,

Sam

P.S.

Sub Specs:

# RMS Power Range : 300 Watts

# Peak Power Handling: 600 Watts

# Impedance: Dual 4 Ohm

# Diameter: 12 Inch

# 12-Inch DVC Subwoofer

# High-Energy Magnet

# For Ported or Sealed Enclosures

# Black Polypropylene Cone

# Poly-Mica Cone Damping

# Chrome Speaker Frame

# Multi-Layer High-Temp VC

# Front-Plate & Voice-Coil Cooling

# Integrated Spider Tinsel-Lead Design

# Hi-Excursion Rubber Surround

# High-Strength Suspension Material

# Push & Insert Wire Terminals

# Anti-Resonant Rubber Magnet Boot

# Brand New

# 3 Year warranty

do one common chamber and then do a slot port. its the easiest way to do it. tune to around 38hz. use the re box calculator to design it your self.

retarded build on the way.....

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

fosgate hu/mids and highs

honestly i wouldnt waste your time with them when you can get a nice set of 15s or something else for the same price.

retarded build on the way.....

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

fosgate hu/mids and highs

honestly i wouldnt waste your time with them when you can get a nice set of 15s or something else for the same price.

yeah but the thing is I already have 2 of them and to be honest, I love them and they are louder then my friends set of Kicker L5's, even though he has a ported box and mine is sealed. I am satisfied with what I have for now, and don't want to make any upgrades in regards to the subwoofer untill Im ready for it to be a BIG one. What kind of dimensions are you talking for this port though? That calculator is confusing as fuck. Keep in mind Im 17 and fail math like its going out of style.

I don't know if you have enough airspace ported. Your dimension net you about 12 cubic feet and each sub probably takes up .2 cubic feet plus the port which will take up about .5 assuming you tune it relatively low (mid to low 30's). I'm kinda on edge about it myself. If you subs/port take up more than .2/.5 cubes respectively, you will not have enough airspace. It might still work, but it's awfully close to being too small. I'd increase one of the dimensions by 1 to 2 inches.

EDIT: you might want to see about going 40x26x26 if possible.

Edited by 1992Chevy K1500

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

sounds like your pretty much asking for someone to design the box for you. That usually costs some monies.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.