From Hydros to bags NEED ALL AIRBAG EXPERTS!!!!

Sorry, but without reading any further ... and its has probably been said..

Not to be a a-hole , but you havent researched far enough , if you did you would know AIM (airbagit) is a BIG NO NO.

I love snobs, any kind really. It's so funny, "not to be an Ass but.....I'm an ass!" Like I said in the OP I have done just the BASIC info and am now looking for help. I never said I would buy ANYTHING from there. If you look back I said I used the website for the most BASIC info. I am used to having hydraulics, and just like hydraulics the company that has the most advertisements usually sells garbage. It's also obvious that I need to do more research since that is the point of this post in the first place.

AAANNNYYYWWAAYYY I am looking for info on additional maybe less known parts and accessories. I have heard for instance of something called air expanders? Apparently they somehow give a much better ride and as they were explained to me were basically in line bellows that gave more cushion. Don't know and that's what I come here for, but I'm not trying to be an A hole about it...... :drinks:

EDIT: I see the problem , the air controller I want to use is from smart rides, not airbag it but I put air bag it cuz they carry it.

Starting From Scratch!!

you are talking about accumulators, if you are running bags you won't need it. If you are running cylinders you will want them cause it takes a lot of the rough ride out since the cylinders don't have any way to let the air expand (metal vs rubber bags).

Check out air ride technologies or Dakota digital for the air ride computer. I have the Dakota digital one and it works great.

3x 200psi compressors is not that unusual, I've got 4 and want two more just cause when I want to play I don't want to run out of air after 30 seconds.

The best stuff is usually custom made, you are going to want to relocate your fender wells so you can tuck a big wheel, you will loose some things under the hood and may have to tub the rear doors depending on how large a wheel you go with.

Depending on where you are from you should go talk to IF Customs in Cali, Silverstar Customs in Mississippi or Ekstensive Metalworks in Texas. They are the best shops in the country for bags.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM AIRBAGIT.com OR CHASSIS TECH> JUNK JUNK JUNK!!!! do a hydroholics juice setup on that thing. those kits are THE BEST thing you can do on a car. If you even considering juice go that route. otherwise talk to universalairsuspension.com or myself :) www.myspace.com/freelandkustomz

i met you at the LA comp

THIS!!!!

hydroholics is some badass stuff.

if i were you id juice it. theres just something about hydraulics (at least with me) . it could be the silent lowering or the ''zee zee zeeee'' sound.lol. idk.

but then again, hydros are pretty messy sometimes...and you dont have to always keep up on the charging.....and buying new noids with air lol.

either way, i wanna see some project pics when u bag this thing. lol

ill cut out yo eyelids and give ya nothin but sleeping pills...

you are talking about accumulators, if you are running bags you won't need it. If you are running cylinders you will want them cause it takes a lot of the rough ride out since the cylinders don't have any way to let the air expand (metal vs rubber bags).

Check out air ride technologies or Dakota digital for the air ride computer. I have the Dakota digital one and it works great.

3x 200psi compressors is not that unusual, I've got 4 and want two more just cause when I want to play I don't want to run out of air after 30 seconds.

The best stuff is usually custom made, you are going to want to relocate your fender wells so you can tuck a big wheel, you will loose some things under the hood and may have to tub the rear doors depending on how large a wheel you go with.

Depending on where you are from you should go talk to IF Customs in Cali, Silverstar Customs in Mississippi or Ekstensive Metalworks in Texas. They are the best shops in the country for bags.

Perfect, that was the exact type of info I was looking for. Tubing the rear appears simple other than having to relocate the gas tank. The Mercedes has the gas tank behind the rear seat but there is plenty of room even if I don't, I just won't be able to go more than 11" wide on the rim if I leave it. I am looking to do 24's eventually but I want a good system that I can build upon. The front may be difficult though because I have a V12 and there is no room to relocate many of the accessories but a widebody is not out of the question.

Allright, as soon as I get my new Alternator it's time to start with the bags!

Starting From Scratch!!

THIS!!!!

hydroholics is some badass stuff.

if i were you id juice it. theres just something about hydraulics (at least with me) . it could be the silent lowering or the ''zee zee zeeee'' sound.lol. idk.

but then again, hydros are pretty messy sometimes...and you dont have to always keep up on the charging.....and buying new noids with air lol.

either way, i wanna see some project pics when u bag this thing. lol

I KNOW! The guys in Japan do Hydros on Mercedes all the time but I have a lowrider project underway and I have the hydros for that one. The mess is the thing though and the other is the room for batteries. I am upgrading the system now and I can barely find room for THOSE batteries.

You got it right though, the sound is addicting, when i had my last lowrider I would hit the switches at the stoplight just to hear it!

It'll be a couple months because I just finished the paint, then upgrading the system THEN bags. It'll go up on the forum as soon as I get it going though!

Starting From Scratch!!

I KNOW! The guys in Japan do Hydros on Mercedes all the time but I have a lowrider project underway and I have the hydros for that one. The mess is the thing though and the other is the room for batteries. I am upgrading the system now and I can barely find room for THOSE batteries.

You got it right though, the sound is addicting, when i had my last lowrider I would hit the switches at the stoplight just to hear it!

It'll be a couple months because I just finished the paint, then upgrading the system THEN bags. It'll go up on the forum as soon as I get it going though!

hahaahha for realsss! lol.

yeah space is a bitch, especially cuz ud probably have to be running at least a 48 volt setup considering how heavey that thing is.

but i drive a mazda truck on juice...so space is no problemoo :good:

but damn is that sound sexy lol

good luck on the whole build and everything man. im sure if u have freeland customs dude do the work itll be awesome. from seeing his posts and whatnot, dude is very knowledgable and experienced.

ill cut out yo eyelids and give ya nothin but sleeping pills...

let me know man you know we'll do you right!

For sure, I wanted to get my info down and get the cash on deck so i don't waste your time with too many questions and scenarios. I think thats why the forum is so important! Your not terribly far from me so as soon as I get my new alt in and a new box done (which if I don't do I already told you I would have you do) then on to the bags. Now all I need is more money!!!!!

Starting From Scratch!!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived