i am selling my old truck and it has a viper 791xv installed. i wanna take it out before i sell it. can anyone help me here. if you need more info just ask cause im not really sure what you need to know. it has remote start that just the basics hooked up. i dont wanna try to remove it and then the truck not start.

thanks broda

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

What kind of vehicle? Basically just disconnect everything form the wires they are tapped into and tape them back up... reconnect your starter wire and passlock2 wires(if it is the suburban in ur avatar).

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

the alarm is on my 1996 dodge ram. thanks tho. i never messed with an alarm and i didnt wanna get it all unhooked and the truck not start or somthing.

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

the alarm is on my 1996 dodge ram. thanks tho. i never messed with an alarm and i didnt wanna get it all unhooked and the truck not start or somthing.

Should be real straight forward... just disconnect all the wires... there will be your starter wire that was cut(will have a heavy gauge purple wire going away from the key switch and a heavy gauge green wire going towards)... reconnect that and you will be fine.

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

took it out last night....ohly crap dont let best buy install your alarm... under my steering column is a plastic piece that is held on by 5 screws, on the back of the plastic is really thick styrofoam. they cut that shit to hell and must of used a box cutter cause its not clean looking or nothing. all the alarm components were wire tireed back and forth like they just took any extra wire and ran it to the left then to the right and kept doing that till they were short. it was just a huge mess. they used crimp on couplings to attach little wires to make other wires longer. so it was like wire from harness crimped to a 2" pc of wire that is crimped to another wire.

neway got it out...now i need to install it in my suburban.

d(-__-)b

took it out last night....ohly crap dont let best buy install your alarm... under my steering column is a plastic piece that is held on by 5 screws, on the back of the plastic is really thick styrofoam. they cut that shit to hell and must of used a box cutter cause its not clean looking or nothing. all the alarm components were wire tireed back and forth like they just took any extra wire and ran it to the left then to the right and kept doing that till they were short. it was just a huge mess. they used crimp on couplings to attach little wires to make other wires longer. so it was like wire from harness crimped to a 2" pc of wire that is crimped to another wire.

neway got it out...now i need to install it in my suburban.

That's the thing about big box stores like BB... hit or miss. You get an install like that, or you catch someone who is decent and does a good job.

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

• 3 weeks later...
That's the thing about big box stores like BB... hit or miss. You get an install like that, or you catch someone who is decent and does a good job.

No joke. While working on a friends alarm she got from BB I saw all kind of T-taps and other remote start no-no's and then when I told the guy at BB about it he tried to lie to me and tell me that I was full of shit that he soldered everything. I told him he's a goddamn liar that I can point to the T-taps for him directly in sight from under the dash, next to the alarms brain sitting right there in sight of the floorboard. :rolleyes:

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner