DC Sound Lab

DC lvl3 15's arrived.

Hello all. Im from the Uk and used to run a HCCA 12.2 with all the works etc. It took me a long time to get convinced to change, as I wanted to get louder and have a better sq. I was finally persueded to go for DC sound labs woofers so I worked my ass off for a good few months, after a long time of waiting and saving, I finally got them around a month or 2 back.... Well What can i say? They take 1.2k with ease, and I think they are very under rated. I can see why lvl 4's and 5's are used in USA in the larger car installs, but damn what a sound. SQ is unreal and they hit 90% of the frequency range (tuned to 33hz) that I wanted them to, and they drop very well (not as low as the hcca, but still need to go with a new alt, 2k amp and get the woofers loosened up a little)

Build quality is second to none, looks are fantastic, probably the best purchase I have made in a long time and Im very happy to have the DC brand aboard my car.

Rusty, You really have hit the nail on the head with these woofers, Build quality, service, and looks wise are brilliant.... congradulations buddy!

They do get a little warm after some hard playing, but looking forward to them being 100% warn in and get some scores. Heres what I hit the other day:

S7006620.jpg

Popped up with a 156 on the meter today, so will get some termlab scores in a week or 2!

Will get some videos at some point this week !

Yes, some vids would be amazing! I've been wanting to run DC for a few months now, but waiting on money to come through, so I enjoy seeing reviews such as yours. It makes me happy that I've chosen DC for my next install! Mind sharing amp and box info?

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4

Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12

Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1

Thanks for the great review!! Got some more pics? Thats a great number on the epic 150 and wait to see the TL numbers :hairtrick:

Thats cool Rusty, You deserve it from putting the time & effort into designing, and im sure to say, most probably making your dream come true which I congradulate you on.

As and when I have some time off of work, Ill try and get a written review up on the go with some figures to prove differences.

The car is completely deadened, and they still make jello of my car! I need to upgrade the alt, as today after 30mins of booming, voltage dropped below 12v which I want to keep it a constant 14.4 - 13.8v to go with a nice new 2k amp to power them.

After a lot of requests, I have made a video - Keeping in mind these are still not fully loosened nor on full power! Didnt get a lot of wiper flex like before, as the motor bolts have vibrated loose again !

Enjoy folks!

Edited by Rst

Thats cool Rusty, You deserve it from putting the time & effort into designing, and im sure to say, most probably making your dream come true which I congradulate you on.

As and when I have some time off of work, Ill try and get a written review up on the go with some figures to prove differences.

The car is completely deadened, and they still make jello of my car! I need to upgrade the alt, as today after 30mins of booming, voltage dropped below 12v which I want to keep it a constant 14.4 - 13.8v to go with a nice new 2k amp to power them.

After a lot of requests, I have made a video - Keeping in mind these are still not fully loosened nor on full power! Didnt get a lot of wiper flex like before, as the motor bolts have vibrated loose again !

Enjoy folks!

Nice flex mate. hope you sorted out your voltage problems & shoot another video...