DC Sound Lab

dc bottoming out???

Also, a "hard bottom" is when the coil will make contact with the back plate before anything else (soft parts) fails

a "soft bottom" is where the coil cannot reach the back plate because the spiders will rip or cone will fold or surround will rip before the coil gets there.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

i have bottomed out a level 5, yes it was on a hard clip, box was too big, tuning of the box was 29hz, song frequency was 20 hz, first note it bottomed out, i have been explained to that it "cant" happen, but once you hear the sound of a sub bottoming out you never forget it, its very distinctive..so yes its possible

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

i have bottomed out a level 5, yes it was on a hard clip, box was too big, tuning of the box was 29hz, song frequency was 20 hz, first note it bottomed out, i have been explained to that it "cant" happen, but once you hear the sound of a sub bottoming out you never forget it, its very distinctive..so yes its possible

I bet it wasn't the coil that was bottomed out

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Like Thor said- it sounds to me like you had some coil rock and it was not the coil hitting the back plate but rather the coil hitting the pole

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:

what do you suggest it was? i have heard subs bottom out before and i would bet anything thats what it was

when I wall socketed my sigs it sounded like it bottomed out but no dents or anything on bottom of coil but when I was watching the spiders were hitting in the basket so it couldn't go any farther. I 'm not sure what it was hitting

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

When you recone the woofs just check teh bottoms of the coils. If you did bottom them out they will be dented/flattened

The bottoms of the lvl 4 coils P is talking about were pushed so flat the edge was sharp :rofl:

-Drew

uhoh_45 said: