Sonic Electronix

so i just threw my subs in my gf's car. wired everything normally as i would with my car, except her dad didnt give me the okay to drill the firewall so i had to ghetto rig it through the door but thats whatever. so i ran the remote, rca's and power wire all to the trunk which was a bitch because of her backseats. but got that done, wired it to the amp, reconnected the battery. and nothing. but her battery is different from what ive worked with so maybe someone can point out something here.

5wb8nq.jpg

picture of the battery, i threw the power cord between the two terminals? haha i dont know what their called, but the red is pure rubber on the red part. so is it the wire hitting the two pieces of rubber and basically grounded itself? and if it is should i put the wire right up between the battery and the first red connecter?

Go to Auto Zone or Oreilly's or something and get a GM side post battery terminal that has a screw on it. You replace the factory post with one that has a screw or nut. Put a ring terminal on the power wire, put that on the new post, and it should work. May not be your only problem, but it would be a much better way to connect the power wire than just trying to wedge it in there.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

Take your power wire off of the battery and connect it to where the positive from the battery goes to the fuse box.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

Take your power wire off of the battery and connect it to where the positive from the battery goes to the fuse box.

x2 this, thats what my brother and i had to do to his monte carlo with the side post battery.

Is that like 10 gauge power wire?

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

Pull that wire out of the damn door.

Find the fuse block and follow the main run of wires into the cabin. They will all go in a big rubber grommet- especially with wire that size you should to just poke it with a screwdriver and push the wire in making it still water tight and relatively safe without drilling into the firewall.

Lastly, get a Digital Multimeter (DMM) and check the power levels at the amp. If you have no voltage on the power run then your problem is there, no voltage on the remote then fix that, knock out variables and you will get pointed towards the flaw in the setup.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Pull that wire out of the damn door.

Find the fuse block and follow the main run of wires into the cabin. They will all go in a big rubber grommet- especially with wire that size you should to just poke it with a screwdriver and push the wire in making it still water tight and relatively safe without drilling into the firewall.

Lastly, get a Digital Multimeter (DMM) and check the power levels at the amp. If you have no voltage on the power run then your problem is there, no voltage on the remote then fix that, knock out variables and you will get pointed towards the flaw in the setup.

-Drew

All that he said...also what amp only allows 10 gauge input?

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

Archived