Lota Speakers Little Car!

how many speakers goin in there? I saw "lota speakers little car" but i only see 2 speaker placements.. any more going in there?

lota speakers is more about the 4 10"s that are going in next. but over all including subs and tweets ill have 12 speakers which to me in that size of a car is alot, i know probly not to most of the guys on here but for me thats alot, and it will be alot of sound in a very small space.

Resin without mat has little to no structural strength. It is very brittle and WILL break. you need a good 4 layers of a quality mat on there, properly applied and saturated.

i dont know, im sure thats the correct way but a good friend and neighbor did his kick panels this same way and they are pretty tough and they actually get kicked where as mine will be somewaht out of the way....

Okay, I'm just telling you how fiberglass works. I would do at least 2 layers of mat on the inside if i were you though.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

shit im almost done but i kinda have a feeling they will get some abuse, and i do appreciate the advise! if they do break i have two more panels from my parts car that i can use and i would probly do a better job the second time around. ive already thought of a few things i would do different nex time,but doesnt that mat make it really hard to keep your shape smooth?

they are not perfect but they are coming along nicely.... :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

nothing left to do but sand and bondo and make them perfect before i recover them...which is what i dont suck at!

Covering those will be verrry difficult, I don't envy you my friend. They look pretty smooth though nice job. As long as they don't flex at all, I think you can get away with what you have.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

OOOO! I hope they hold together! They look pretty good, but also pretty thin. I guess we will be waiting on the finished product/installation!

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

yes i saw pstone11 break his first set i was standing there when he built them and i know the second time (the current kicks)are working fine and i basicly followed what he did on the second stronger set

and they have made it through two sandings already and i think ive only got one bondo coat left and im done! also i have been test fitting them in the car over and over just to check clearence and they seem to be holding up so far, but when i cover them,,,that will be the true test im going to have to put some pretty major pressure on them to make them smooth!

Covering those will be verrry difficult, I don't envy you my friend. They look pretty smooth though nice job. As long as they don't flex at all, I think you can get away with what you have.

tell me about it! :o but i used to redo airplane interiors for a living and hopefully some of that skill will carry over to this, though i never did anything quite this extreme!

Archived