Sonic Electronix

Grand Marquis. Which setup should i do?

like what sit a box in the back seats??? if so thats ghetto as hell and i wouldnt even bother with it

no where i have no backseats and i have a box with a beauty pannel sealed of from the trunk below the window line....like pioneer-saturn's setup. :spiteful:

Edited by justin smith

justin smith

1996 mercury grand marquis

20'' bentchi b7 lexani n3000 245/35/20

cactus 5kw at 1ohm dcr(beast)

2 18'' btl's in a 14.15^ft wall tuned to 35hz with 210'' of port

kicker zx650.4

componets in still the works

200amp motorcraft alt

xs power d3100 (beast)

kenwood ddx512 h.u.

you mean my EX? the one I dumped? just remember every time you kiss her that i used to cum in her mouth

and BTW your girl just called me....

pure pwnage

too bad its not fold down seats or you could've just IB it behind them

I say ditch the rear speakers and that should help...maybe even get crafty and do some cutting for a nice slot in the middle of the rear deck so you have two small openings and a nice opening in the middle for air to travel through.

My box literally wedges right under my rear deck but I had the shop remove the stock sub so some from the rear deck (rear speakers on doors) so some air could pass through and surprisingly this thing moves a good amount of air just with 500rms. The backseats are thick but I can turn my head and feel the air hitting my face. Only thing is that the rear deck bounces around a lot and the noise is annoying as hell :(

Edited by wonderbreadSTS

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Just have you lvl4s reconed to 15s, will only cost like 150 or so per sub and you will see a significant gain. Port through the rear deck as mentioned if ur planning on keeping it in the trunk. If u wanna run a 1/2 wall setup where the backseats used to be then I'd recone them to 18s.

Try that out first, will be a small investment(instead of 1700) and you should see very significant gains by simply gaining that much more port area. In the 15s case it would be 1.5 times as much as the 12s would be and for 18s its 2.25 times as much.

226.08 - 2 12s

353.25 - 2 15s

508.68 - 2 18s

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

no where i have no backseats and i have a box with a beauty pannel sealed of from the trunk below the window line....like pioneer-saturn's setup. :spiteful:

i really like those

retarded build on the way.....

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

fosgate hu/mids and highs

That is the route I'll be going with if I get the balls to take the back seats out of my DD or if i can pick something up locally for cheap.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

Just have you lvl4s reconed to 15s, will only cost like 150 or so per sub and you will see a significant gain. Port through the rear deck as mentioned if ur planning on keeping it in the trunk. If u wanna run a 1/2 wall setup where the backseats used to be then I'd recone them to 18s.

Try that out first, will be a small investment(instead of 1700) and you should see very significant gains by simply gaining that much more port area. In the 15s case it would be 1.5 times as much as the 12s would be and for 18s its 2.25 times as much.

226.08 - 2 12s

353.25 - 2 15s

508.68 - 2 18s

i can get recones of the subs to make them bigger??

i did not know that?

i can get recones of the subs to make them bigger??

i did not know that?

Well obviously u can't just get a direct drop in for it, you'd have to get a replacement basket and the recone. As long as the mounting holes for the different baskets line up you won't have any issues. I'm 99.9% positive all the motors for the different size subs are the same, as are the coil size.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

Well now that i think of it. I think it might be better if i just get a recone for both to get them dual 1ohm, and get them with stronger parts.. and use the rest of the money on electrical and fits:D

What would i ask rusty?

Regarding what though?? Strictly a recone to keep a 12 or have it rebuilt as a different size woofer?? If and when u do get the recone regardless of size, I'd ask for a LVL5 coil.

What amp are u gonna have powering the subs??

Pioneer AVIC-N2

Regarding what though?? Strictly a recone to keep a 12 or have it rebuilt as a different size woofer?? If and when u do get the recone regardless of size, I'd ask for a LVL5 coil.

What amp are u gonna have powering the subs??

yeah i have 2 level 4 12s dual 2 ohm...

but only one is workin due too ripped tinsel leads....

the one that is workin is hookd up to merlin md3d

if i get a recone what other options would u suggest i get..including the lv5 coils and making them dual 1 ohm...

so i can wire it down to 1 ohm to the merlin

Edited by John Gi