• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely amazed iv spent the past 3hrs at work trying finish things up but kept be side track look at you post 1-55 I could stop I was like a little kid at the movies with a big bucket of popcorn WOW LOVE IT

You are of best in my books I can say top three you make me want to be more daring now just need the confidence that you have awesome work dude 4 thumbs up (feet included lol) :slayer: rock n roll dude

keep up the great work looking forward to more post.... you need your own tv show id tune in everyday....I can see it now "Season premier of Robo-Lab"

• 1 month later...

The works on my workshop advanced so fast, but once the buildingholiday started, things came to a hold.

I’ve got many respect now for people who are building or re-building a house.

I’m at the point now that the biggest assholes are gone.

Sure, there are people in the building business who know their shizzle, but there are other ones…

After waiting more than 18 weeks for my windows and doors, everything was wind-closed.

Then the walls need to be plastered. Try to find someone who can do this 100% straight and tight…Fortunately, I found one, and he did a fantastic job!

After he left, I could start thinking about the set-up of the rest of the garage. So I came into action!

The wood for the closets has been delivered, and will be sawn later on this month.

The company who will do this became nuts of my demands, but hey, I’m paying them big bucks for it!

I want to use every square inch of my workshop.

The first wardrobe I’m going to make is the hardest one. Because I couldn’t find a slider of 3m50, I made it myself.

P1000416.jpg

P1000408.jpg

The slider runs on 16 wheels, and has to keep straight with 20 bearings which run into a U-profile on the floor. Well, that’s the thing I’m counting on. I put a lot of work into this, so I’m hoping it works.

In the meantime I’ve got a new friend, which keeps me company every day!

P1000411.jpg

We call him Smelly

When I started this project, the challenge was to have a multifunctional garage and working space.

Every centimeter needs to have a purpose, NO lost edges or corners.

From the first day I had my approval, I started thinking how I could partition these 45m² as good as possible. First of all as a working space, but also to have a nice garage for the bimmer.

The big space you see now, will be divided into 2 by a rolling curtain (shutter). So it’s perfectly possible to work in my workspace without damaging or soiling the car. And if I want, I can pull the shutter up, and have one big space.

In most of the garages I’ve seen, you put the car inside, and there’s always some stuff next or in front of the car. In my opinion, that’s lost space.

I refused that this would be the way in my garage, so I came up with this…

A sliding wall of 3m50, 1m80 and 60cm deep.

This wall needs to open very smoothly, and be stably enought so, once it’s stashed, it couldn’t fall.

But I knew there has tob e a catch…

And there was…Once it was finished, I stumbled upon the fact that the floor isn’t 100% straight. So every time I slide from L to the R, it came 3-4mm out of place.

This couldn’t be the case, so I made a pretty stable glider.

I tightened a big aluminium U on the floor, which holds an iron chassis from the closet.

As you can see I worked with bearings. And you also see I folded open U in the beginning.

P1000419_resize_zpse2384e81.jpg

So this is the closet/wall I’m talking about

P1000421_resize_zps1a4cb42a.jpg

Here she stands in the middle of my working space.

P1000430_resize_zps9260be07.jpg

P1000431_zpsfbbe2de1.jpg

And here she is in the end of the working space.

P1000433_resize_zps92a8c105.jpg

P1000435_resize_zps25403fac.jpg

When the architect started drawing he knew he had tot hink about this, so the door could open.

P1000436_resize_zpscb6b5db5.jpg

Here she’s fully pullied out, and you can see it at the back. I’m going to finish this of with a thin plate.

P1000438_resize_zps5e3d29c6.jpg

And here she’s again at her actual place in the garage part.

P1000440_resize_zps3379db18.jpg

Archived