I bended my brake pedal a little bit rounder. I think that must have been the biggest problem I could have, concerning the pedals that is.

I've managed to do this simple. On the front end I taped, on the top and the bottom, a little block of wood, with a little little plank on.

On the backside I taped a little block in the middle, and after that, put it all between the benchscrew.

Then I put a piece of barrel over the lever, so the lever gets bigger. Once I had this, it was simple to turn, and so bend the aluminum piece of 8mm.

DSC01798_resize.jpg

DSC01793_resize.jpg

DSC01801_resize.jpg

The rounding now is the same as the original pedal by bmw

DSC01803_resize.jpg

It took some time to grind it all firmly, and I stopped with a 1200 wet.

DSC01785_resize.jpg

Now it was the time to make some inlay-pieces. First I taped the sloths with tape.

DSC01805_resize.jpg

The I taped 2 roundels on each other, and placed in on the whole where screws come out.

DSC01808_resize.jpg

I the meanwhile I made some iron little plates of 3mm thick. I had to do this, so I could taped some screws in there, to tighten it all.

DSC01810_resize.jpg

Then I filled it all up with epoxy.

DSC01814_resize.jpg

When it's all dry, I'll take out the plates, and they will have the same model als the sloths. buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, they will be 2mm deeper then the alu.

The 2mm I need for the carbon and epoxy who will get on there.

That is truely a thing of beauty....looks like a lot of work but it was well worth it

1993 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Kenwood 5.25" Mids

Alpine SPS-500 5.25" Mids

4 awg Rockford Fosgate wiring kit

Rockford Fosgate P312D2

Phoenix Gold Tantrum 1200.1

Phoenix Gold Tantrum 600.4

Pioneer DEH-3100UB HU

just epic man... im so happy you moved to jl amps i just have so much respect for the design crew over there. where did you get that emblem im doing a jl system for a friend and that piece would just set it off... is the back seat going to be usable or not because of the aperture or diaphragm as you call it... once again just a amazing install and i have no words to enplane your attention to detail :D :D :D

rossignol-468x60.jpg

you can see the seats in place still. the piece can be seen behind the armrest in the middle of the seats when folded down. he did say he's going to do something with the seats so it's centered tho.

i'm looking forward as to how these pedals will turn out :good:

I’ve baked some carbon cakes in my oven.

DSC01818_resize.jpg

Offcourse, these need another set of epoxi-layers. The alu pedals go somewhere to get anodized, so they look exactly the same as the indoor moldings. Once I get them back, it’ll take some time to nicely cut out the little carbon pieces, and abrade them so they fit 100%.

I also did some tests with carbon fibre.

Here you see one.

I had an original BMW logo laying here somewhere, so I covered it with carbon… Real stuff dude, no sticky sticker shit.

DSC01822_resize.jpg

To do this right I had to use a Copperfield trick…and it worked out nicely. On the plate you see, there’s only 1 layer of epoxy. And I rubb this over, one more layer will be added and it’s finished.

So not as many work then when you need to put 4-5 layers.

You can also see I got the side really smooth and fine.

DSC01824_resize.jpg

And who was it that said is was very hard to use carbon fibre on corners?

what type of router bits do you use? they seem to work very well on the aluminum! this has to be one of the most detailed installs i have ever seen. simply beautiful!!!

The mills I use aren’t anything special. They are just normal wood-mills.

damn this thing is so sweet...mad props

THX MATE

This is to most bad ass build ive ever seen keep up the good work.

THX DUDE

That is truely a thing of beauty....looks like a lot of work but it was well worth it

Yes, a lot of time has gone into this, but that’s an accessory.

just epic man... im so happy you moved to jl amps i just have so much respect for the design crew over there. where did you get that emblem im doing a jl system for a friend and that piece would just set it off... is the back seat going to be usable or not because of the aperture or diaphragm as you call it... once again just a amazing install and i have no words to enplane your attention to detail :D :D :D

The JL emblem you can order at JL Audio. These are on the backside of certain woofers.

you can see the seats in place still. the piece can be seen behind the armrest in the middle of the seats when folded down. he did say he's going to do something with the seats so it's centered tho.

i'm looking forward as to how these pedals will turn out :good:

I secured the back seat.

The pedals will work out fine, I’m pretty sure of that.

rediculous dude!!!!!!!

THX MATE

Archived